Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trail Master JL175 Leveling Kit

Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trail Master JL175 Leveling Kit

I opened the box and went through the contents and everything was complete (thanks VG).
The kit includes two 1 3/4" spacers, two swaybar links (non-disconnect for Rubicons or quick disconnects for Saharas & Xs), detailed Instructions, Trail Master decal, and warning label.

I read through the both sets of instructions and everything that I needed to know was there; torque settings, easy to read and follow steps. Being my first lift/leveling kit install, it would have been cool to include a list of tools needed for install. Luckily I had everything I needed.

Like I said earlier the instructions were very easy to follow step by step and the next thing I knew, I had both spacers installed.

I can't say enough about how beefy these swaybar links are.

Well I've got the kit installed and it was a breeze until I got to where I had to install the upper swaybar links. I had to drill out the upper mount to 1/2". It was only off by a hair. Really, it was off so little. The treads of the swaybar link went in a thread or two then stopped.

Before attaching the swaybar links, I made them as short as possible then I planned on adjusting them later. As it turned out, I didn't have to adjust them at all. They ended up being the perfect length.

After I got the links installed, the rest was a cake walk. I would have finished sooner, but both my cordless drill battery packs were dead.

After torquing everything down, I really got a sense of how much more level my Jeep got after installing this kit. I have the OR-Fab Stinger Bumper w/ winch mount and it increased the rake of my JK. My pre-kit measurement from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender was 20 1/2". My post-kit measurement from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender is 22 1/4". I figure that after I buy and install a winch, the stance will be fine.

All in all, this is a great kit, and was a breeze to install. All parts are top knotch, and instructions are easy to follow.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take before & after pics so I had to dig up an older before, and took an after later on.

All parts in these kits are very high quality, and Made in the USA... including the Rod ends.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome.. where did you order from and what was the cost?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a pre-release test kit. Trail Master selected a few forum members as testers.

See the thread below. The testers all should have their kits, I'm installing mine this week end. Two options on the kit one is shown above and there is on with quick discos.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118418

Quick Reply: Trail Master JL175 Leveling Kit