Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Towing with the Jeep

Old 08-20-2009, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing with the Jeep

Today I am pulling a covered trailer to pick up 54 boxes of hardwood. First time this trailer has been behind the Jeep. Empty trailer was no problem on the way to work......we will see how it does with something that actually weighs more than a riding mower.....

What is the most you have pulled with your Jeep??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep and Trailer.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	28869  
Old 08-20-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

We tow a 22'camper Wt is 2750lbs, its fair. Can't wait for the Hemi.....
Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

This was a little more than a cord of hardwood. Total weight would be just over 5,000
pounds. Towed it over 100 miles, up and down grades without problem. (Trailer has
brakes).

-meljr
Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by joshkharris
... What is the most you have pulled with your Jeep??
Man, I so much want to reply "stuck Hummers" to this. But that would be a lie. But, I've towed plenty of stuck vehicles out of the mud. Oh, and a number of different trailers, including one that has seven canoes. I got caught doors off with that one, but had my rain gear. You should have seen the looks I got as I drove through Oklahoma City, canoes in tow, rain gear on, in a huge downpour.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have towed quite a bit with my 2 door. I recently moved back to SoCal from North of Seattle, and after two trips I've had my fill. First trip was my VW Bug this was an easy tow, and I actually averaged about the same MPG as without it. (It weighs right around 2000lbs with some junk in it)

The second trip was with my trailer and let me say I'm glad I installed some airbags! I don't have an exact weight, but the trailer weighs 1200lbs empty, and it was completely full, the Jeep was full, and my wife, dog, and I were in it. Total cargo and trailer had to be over 3000lbs and it sucked up hill, but we still managed an average of 12.5-13 MPG.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

meljr,

That pic shows stock tires and no lift right? Have you towed anything like that since your mods. Reason I'm asking is that my boat is about 2700 dry with no trailer. I have 35's and lift and it is a bit of struggle. I've been considering another boat that weighs 3500 w/o trailer and gas (guessing 5000lbs), but I thought there was no way it would work. Only about 5 miles from the launch and you're giving me some hope. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Towing with the Jeep