Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TOTL Innovations Build Thread - A Retrospect

Old 03-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To mount the ram, I ordered the Poly Performance track bar bracket with integrated ram tabs and here is where things went wrong. Honestly this is the first product from Poly that I am not happy with. For starters it forces you to do a drag link flip as you cant have the track bar at the stock orientation with the ram tabs. I know every configuration is a little different but things were just all off on mine. I had to modify the bracket to not contact the Rock Krawler track bar and had to bend the sway bar mount a bit to clear everything.

The biggest issue with this bracket was the ram orientation. It was not parallel with the tie rod so it would torque the tie rod every time you made a turn and the tie rod clamp on the other end would contact the diff at full driver lock.
We ended up having to fabricate our own ram mount off of the track bar bracket and turned the tie rod clamp into a double sheer. Everything clears perfectly now and almost no tie rod torqing.

Howe also has a bad ass TC pump that I got. Unfortunately, the pump is a little too bad ass. When doing highway driving for example, a millimeter turn of the wheel results in a near lane change. I ordered a different valve from Howe that should slow down the flow from the pump and hopefully alleviate this problem. I will report back when I get this installed.
Other than that, the only other issue I have is that occasionally if I take a turn really fast, Traction Control kicks in. I don’t know what to attribute this to as a lot has changed.

Now for the misc part. In order to cure the death wobble I ended up having to replace my front and rear track bar heims, my drag link, and all four front arm joints on the frame side. A big thank you to Jeremy at Rock Krawler for all of his help on this.

I have bent Pro arms all around but wanted to try Rock Krawler’s new Krawler joints so Jeremy suggested we use bump stops on the joint to help it auto center:

I also got Rock Krawler’s new Drag link which is one beefy chunk of metal. Pics don’t really describe how beefy it is:

My death wobble is now just about gone. If I am traveling at a certain speed, and hit a bump while driving with my left hand and looking out to the right on a sunny day it causes a bit of wobble. I think this might be a misbalanced tire getting hit at the most opportune time.

Quick Reply: TOTL Innovations Build Thread - A Retrospect