Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

Old 01-04-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawJoker
I hope you got the Gap insurance.
x2 on this.

Glad to see you are okay. Happy Birthday as well. Make sure you keep up on your insurance, you should have plenty of coverage as most dealerships have coverage on vehicles that leave the lot that stays in place for approximately 72 hours to ensure that your own coverage gets into place.
Good luck with it.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

He sldnt need any gap ins under these circumstances.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Happy birthday and I hope all goes well dealing with the insurance, I have had my own dealings with uninsured motorists but one went to jail for being here illegal.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Too bad someone couldn't salvage that brand new 2012 engine.

Thank God your alive and relatively okay.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Glad your ok...
I'll try and keep it short.... get a Lawyer ... even though your claim is against your Insurance company I would..
My son was in an accident 5 years ago, not the driver, the insurance company's wouldn't talk to me.. (son had a dislocated shoulder and needed surgery and I was getting him taken care off of my insurance and then trying to recoup my fees.... etc... not smart as I now know) a lawyer called me that was representing another client that was in the same accident. I had no other option but to talk with him,, and I did hire him. I am so glad I did.... my sons shoulder was fixed and 5 years later is good....
Basically over 16K of medical bills was settled for around $2500.... which of course they had to pay... not me.. and there is no way they would have dropped 16K down to 2.5K..... of course my insurance would have help some of that bill but since it was an accident they were now saying my insurance was secondary etc................... it was a mess.....

There are so many loop holes that we don't know about, and there are multiple coverage’s that you may have if you have more than one vehicle.. do you have uninsured motorists.... ????
etc.................
and the funny thing is that Insurance company's talk to lawyers easier then settling without them... seems weird but that's my experience.

Get a Lawyer... sadly I am now a believer in that system were I once agued against it... The insurance company's bring a lot of this upon them shelves by how they handle our claims.........
(I am not one to chase money in these situations but like I said insurance companies don't talk to individuals very well and when they do they could care less...)

good Luck.
and I'm sure you'll Jeep On soon...

PS; what did you get for you 2011 Rubi?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad you are still fine.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

go bang his ex wife.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

1) Glad you're OK. God Bless.
2) Happy Birthday!
3) Sometimes Lawyers are necessary evils; this is one of those times just to make sure you don't get a random huge bill from all this six months down the road.
4) That Jeep held up quite well for a 40mph side impact.
5) Glad you're OK! That's the most important.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by drivingfool
go bang his ex wife.
omg!!!!!!!! ?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Sick Sharkey on them!! I think he does all his lawyering pro bono too - go make up proud, Sharkey!!

Quick Reply: Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!