Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

Old 01-04-2012, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad to see a brand new Jeep totaled but glad your still here to go wheeling again.

Hope you get it all sorted out.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW! Glad you are ok!!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default He was probably on his way home from an Occupy meeting.

I know it hurts your feelings for someone to wreck your new rig but in the end it's just bent metal, the important thing is that your ok. I'm sure you had insurance so it will do what you pay for it to do, either repair or replace your vehicle.

There is an upside to the idiot that hit you without insurance and that is that he now doesn't have a car to drive nor insurance to repair / replace the one he hit you in, so maybe he is off the road for a while. I'm sure if he didn't have insurance, licenese or current plates on his vehicle he will have a hard time coming up with a down payment on the next car.

He was probably on his way home from an Occupy meeting.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crd2.8jk
i am sorry for you man yhe same thing happened to me last year january 11 of 2011. a woman with a minivan crossed a red light at high speed and hit me on the passenger side, i was in my range rover and i walked away without a scratch, the other driver broke both legs. welcome to the club of year bad starts, i only had the car for three months. i put the woman insurance company in court because just wanted to pay me half the car, they said that couldnt determine witch car runned the red light, but i have a eye witness of the acident, i have wone the case in court but they made an appeal because of the amount of the compensation i have asked so it will take a few more moths but my lawer is very confident. i wish all the best to you and good luck.

Attachment 258426Attachment 258427Attachment 258428Attachment 258429
Wow January really is a horrible month. I am in the club as well, January 10th 2004 I was driving my 99 Camaro on some country back roads and a truck pulling a horse trailer turned in front of me and I slowed down just enough to nail the horse trailer, luckily there were no horses in the trailer or the accident would have been a lot worse. I walked away without a scratch, my dog (in the backseat) was fine as well though she was shaken up (it was her 3rd car accident, once with me, twice with my dad and brother). The Camaro was totaled.

Then January 10, 2006 my mother passed away. Oh yeah, and if you count the whole holiday season, My grandfather died just before Christmas when I was a kid and my uncle just passed away this last December.

Needless to say, I hate the holidays.

I am glad you aren't hurt and I hope the insurance company does right by you. I also was hit by an uninsured motorist once and all I had to pay was the 500.00 deductible (Maryland state law). It sounds like you being okay is a testament to the strength and durability of the Jeep in a wreck.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very lucky! Atleast you were alright, the Jeep can be replaced. Hope all works out!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad your ok...

You should have towed back to the dealer and told them that you noticed a scratch on it on the way home!

Luckily there was no one in the passenger seat.
I don't understand why the JK gets a poor side impact rating. Seems like people fair pretty well!

Originally Posted by Sudz
legal status?
Its funny how people automatically think that because the individual didn't have insurance they must have been an illegal Canadian...
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

I hope you got the Gap insurance.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

That's horrible. Did the person that hit you go to jail? I hope so. Hope it gets resolved and glad you are ok
Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

main thing is you are ok.

what mess that jeep is. But considering how many times it rolled not bed, it pretty much kept its shape which is good to know.

Hopefully your insurance comes through and doesn't screw you in the end.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Happy birthday!! Do be sure the car he was driving is titled in his name; if it isnt try to go after true owner of car who is probably insured - go after them for allowing an uninsured to drive their vehicle. If theres a lienholder theres usually coverage somewhere, even if its forced-placed.

Quick Reply: Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!