Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You were alone and got hit on the passenger side? How would the passenger of faired?

Just asking because jeeps dont seem like the safest on the road until they start rolling.

Glad ur ok and my faith in safety of the jeep has been raised a bit.

Jail is a bit harsh. Mandatory .gov sponsored insurance taken right outa his check w/taxes sounds pretty good for those that prove they can't take care of it alone!!!

I'm sure ur covered just the same, those of us that pay are paying for those that don't as the insurance co's know - they won't get caught holding the bag.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy Crap..... Glad you were able to walk away....
Looking at the impact zone that the idiot hit you... the JK took it well... the up and over did one heck of a number on the rest of her... Just noticed the impact knocked the Rubi rail off... WOW
Best of Luck and Hopw all works out for You!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

From the looks of the first picture, its very fortunate there was no passenger. The passanger side of the roofline is crushed down very low. Thank God the driver side was ok. Very happy you are still with us! Good luck with the insurance and locating another JEEP.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 03fatboy
You were alone and got hit on the passenger side? How would the passenger of faired?
He got hit on the driver's side. I would say the Jeep took the impact very well. I'm impressed. 40mph is pretty fast for a t-bone. Glad the OP is still with us.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjones
Ouch. My first response is great to still have you around. Second what a testament to the so called bogus roll bars jeep puts in. The work very well. I got hit broadside in my YJ and tumbled multiple times. The halo hoop was still able to protect. Again glad your ok. And I also agree in insured motorists should be arrested. My thought is to put them away for as long as the term of the loan or until they can pay ot off to the insurance company. good luck.
If you put every uninsured driver that totals a persons car in jail you'd pay more in taxes than you'd pay for your own deductible and surcharge, it would cost the state more to keep a person in jail for that amount of time than it would for them to pick up the tab on your new vehicle, neither of which they would do
Old 01-03-2012, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

Like everybody else I'm glad you're OK. Probably not going to feel real good about intersections for a long time. Maybe you should take it back to the dealership and tell them you found a scratch?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad your ok. Def buy lottery ticket. Maybe the next jeep ad on safety. To walk away is amazing. Good luck with everything.

Be sure to keep a good eye on your health. If anything comes up in near future be sure to see a dr ASAP and note it may be accident related.

I agree with others see how much to buy from insurance company.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

All I can say is wow. This totally sucks but like everyone has said at least you're "okay." Thank goodness there was no one in your passenger seat. Good luck!!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

In states where insurance is required, those who usually didnt have insurance now only carry minimum coverage and of course these are the very people who cause the greatest accidents and expense. In some areas 5 to 10 thousand dollars in coverage makes them legal and the flip-side of this most people who carry adequate insurance have inadequate uninsured coverage, not realizing their uninsured coverage will cover the other guys inadequate coverage. Its really a good idea to have ur uninsured coverage no less than 75% of primary coverage and the increase in premium is not substantial - and there may be items like towing coverage you can do away with in ur policy to offset cost. Just my humble opinion.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 PM
JK Super Freak

why is it that the people with no insurance are the worst drivers? man I am so sorry this happened to you and your brand new jeep.

Quick Reply: Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!