Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Thanks everyone...

I was smacked by a Saturn Vue... the officer cited him for no insurance, expired license plate, expired driver's license, failure to reduce speed, running a red light.

The officer was very nice and professional and said he wished he could arrest him but these are not arrestable charges.

I am very thankful that I am alive and the insurance thing is just a nusiance compared to what could have happened!!
ugh, i wish it was law that all drivers had to hve insurance or else sent to jail. its just notfair sometimes. so sorry to hear about your sccident. gld to hear you are ok tho
Old 01-03-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your OK, With your luck today (good and bad), you should buy a lottery ticket!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Glad you walked away ok, Jeep is always replaceable. Nice to see the roll bar did it's job too.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

Holy Hell...Thankfully your OK. As has been mentioned it is good to know that the JK can take a hit like that and have the driver walk away with minor injuries. Hope the idiot gets what is coming to him, and you don't end up on the loosing end having to pay anything out of pocket. Now go spend some time with your loved ones, the Jeep can be replaced you on the other hand not so much....Glad nobody was seriously injured
Old 01-03-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

PS: endorphins are incredible painkillers; its when they wear off that itll all hit you - even the stress of it all. Im glad ur ok. It was three days after being hit by a drunk driver that i started having weird panic attacks and swelling in joints. This person didnt have ins either and it took 6 months before my body settled down, but even after 15 years I have problems with my neck. It just isnt fair. I did put his ass in jail for 3 months, the max sentence since he didnt kill me. Sigh.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

WOW! Like everyone said, glad you are ok. I love jeeps but you can always buy another, your life and appendages is something else.
Spend some time with the family, someone is looking out for you.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad you're okay. Been there too about 3 years ago. New truck hit head on at combined speed of 50. "Punted" their Accord about 30 feet.

From the pics it looks like you still have a couple of good tires and wheels, maybe a couple of shocks and maybe coils. Just trying to find a good side.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Neuwirth sucks bro. I hate to see them get business.

I'm glad to see that you are alright. My wife just got hit in our JK here in Wilmington by an idiot without insurance..
Old 01-03-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope it all works out fast for you so you can move past this. But 1 advantage of this, you are now an even stronger believer in Jeeps since this one saved your life and no broken bones.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow that I crazy. Good to hear you are ok.

Quick Reply: Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!