Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slinky

I was at 3.4% until I talked with the finance guy, after about an hour I walked out with 2% and my score is 800+ so it's not unheard of. I'm under the understanding that there is rarely a time where you can get 0% on a wrangler.
% points - I see - and thats great credit, good for you, and 2% rate is good assuming other items are met, for instance you didnt pay too much for jeep, or pay for a lot of strange fees, or pay for items such as credit life etc.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may have gotten 2% when chrysler was not doing the promotional 0%. My current and prior jk were financed at 0% because each time they were doing it as an incentive.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bjbspong

More than double 2%??
Yeah we got like 4.5% :( but that was with a 72mo loan. So im sure if I went with a shorter loan, my interest % would have been lower.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

% points - I see - and thats great credit, good for you, and 2% rate is good assuming other items are met, for instance you didnt pay too much for jeep, or pay for a lot of strange fees, or pay for items such as credit life etc.
i paid 1% below invoice, and the only thing I can see is that I've only been establishing credit for a couple years, but I never have cards with zero balance, and I pay in full at the end of the billing cycle, I'm not just buying sticks of gum either.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MacBeJeepin

Yeah we got like 4.5% :( but that was with a 72mo loan. So im sure if I went with a shorter loan, my interest % would have been lower.
You can still get better rate: divide one months payment by 6 and add that amount as a "principal only" payment each month. And if thats too steep, divide by 12. This is just a general suggestion as I dont have details, but you can shave off ten or more years of a 30 year (standard) mortgage doing this type of extra payment, and the extra amount doesnt usually cause hardship. Remember: true interest is paid interest. An interest rate is whats charged if loan is paid in accordance with the structured schedule of payments, but you can pay more or off early without penalty - yes, there r loans that penalize you if paid early but i doubt you have that in ur contract. So no worries. Youre in full control.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

i paid 1% below invoice, and the only thing I can see is that I've only been establishing credit for a couple years, but I never have cards with zero balance, and I pay in full at the end of the billing cycle, I'm not just buying sticks of gum either.
Sounds like youre doing good!! If u dont have already, might be a good idea to get a credit card that earns points towards items that interest you, as you would actually build a bank since you make considerable purchases yet dont allow balances to revolve.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like youre doing good!! If u dont have already, might be a good idea to get a credit card that earns points towards items that interest you, as you would actually build a bank since you make considerable purchases yet dont allow balances to revolve.
Thats what the amex is for
Old 01-24-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Thats what the amex is for
Yes indeed good deal!!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

I was at 3.4% until I talked with the finance guy, after about an hour I walked out with 2% and my score is 800+ so it's not unheard of. I'm under the understanding that there is rarely a time where you can get 0% on a wrangler.
I got 0% on mine.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got 0% on mine too.

Quick Reply: Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!