Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad the Jeep side of things is working out for you. Now if your health can get to back to the way it was, you're on top of everything
Old 01-21-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad that you are ok and that your Jeep/insurance process worked out well. Speedy recovery on your healing!!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lensstj

It super simple... if you can finance 37K or whatever at 0% and you can leave the money invested in something even if your only bringing 3% return you make money taking the loan and leaving the money in the bank.
This is why I finance almost every time. Almost always for me anyway the interest on the loan is less then the return on investment because loans have been offered for less than 2%. I in turn get the Gap insurance because for the 2-300 it costs if the jeep ends up being a total loss for any reason the loan gets paid 100% and I don't have to worry about it.
No advanced math needed this is really a very simple concept for those that have good credit.
Ok: but do u believe ur the exception or the rule?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep

Holy shit, did they thaw you out? Now we know how a Mississippi cave man writes.
They do tell me im completely thawed out but theres nothing they can do, they say, about all the hair and large teeth and my tendency to eat live rats. Sigh.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MacBeJeepin

Are you sure you aren't Dave Ramsey? Lol
Ha! Im a kitten compared to Ramsey. ?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bjbspong
Ok: but do u believe ur the exception or the rule?
I don't think I am the exception but not everyone can get low interest rates it is all based on your credit. More people have bad credit then scores high enough to qualify.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just have to say, I have very good credit (as does my wife) in talking 775+ and I just got my loan for more than double 2%. So if that's what you're getting you're lucky
Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MacBeJeepin
I just have to say, I have very good credit (as does my wife) in talking 775+ and I just got my loan for more than double 2%. So if that's what you're getting you're lucky
More than double 2%??
Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bjbspong
More than double 2%??
I was at 3.4% until I talked with the finance guy, after about an hour I walked out with 2% and my score is 800+ so it's not unheard of. I'm under the understanding that there is rarely a time where you can get 0% on a wrangler.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lensstj

I don't think I am the exception but not everyone can get low interest rates it is all based on your credit. More people have bad credit then scores high enough to qualify.
You just defined yourself as the exception and further support my posts. People have bad credit, you see, thus pay much higher interest rates. Now: use the best "bad credit interest rate" you can find and apply it to your previous post and watch how you conclusion changes. Just because you appear to be financially savvy (im assuming youre truly saving and investing with a ror greater than interest paid), doesnt mean that others are - im not being cruel but most are not buying GAP under your circumstances.

Quick Reply: Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!