Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bjbspong
Youre making stuff up - i want to see you back yourself up with true data and facts, not hypos - question: why wld you knowingly buy something that drops 5k in value as soon as its driven off lot?
I was just using hypothetical numbers it could be 1k in depreciation then, still would be lower value than loaned amount. I didnt mean to start an argument and i agree with u about not spending more than someone can afford. I was just saying that sometimes it makes sense to put less money or no money down if the interest rate is low enough and there is no added inventive to pay in full.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No argue - u actually did good as i want u and others to see something - a lot of comments and decisions are fueled by ego - we all have one - but to be financially savvy one must get rid of ego - folks r upsidedown in vehicles not for themselves but so others can see them in new car. Get rid of the ego OR youll be jailed to work the rest of ur life - your goal sld b to retire comfy at age 50 - lets look at something: donald trump and michael jackson (not his estate) both billionaires but they owe as much or more than they own - Egos!!! Oprah and JK Rowling are CASH billionaires - egos under control. (note: if an ego can back itself, say warren buffet etc, they're the few exceptions). Im not being an ass, but to line other folks pockets is your ego at work. I love my 2009 Jeep, bought used with 35k miles on it, and paid no more than I was willing, and i negotiated good price on bumper to bumper ext warranty bc Jeeps are known for mechanical difficulties BUT i could have paid cash for 2012, and i wanted to, oh did I, but that was my ego wanting to impress others. My previous car was 14 years old and for the last five years folks teased me like crazy about my old junky car - egos!! And i must admit theres something unique about Jeep that cradles our egos with warm, clean hands but if you need GAP insurance perhaps youre buying something for all the wrong reasons? Tell u what: give dave ramsey a call and see what he has to say abt it take care!!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No argue - u actually did good as i want u and others to see something - a lot of comments and decisions are fueled by ego - we all have one - but to be financially savvy one must get rid of ego - folks r upsidedown in vehicles not for themselves but so others can see them in new car. Get rid of the ego OR youll be jailed to work the rest of ur life - your goal sld b to retire comfy at age 50 - lets look at something: donald trump and michael jackson (not his estate) both billionaires but they owe as much or more than they own - Egos!!! Oprah and JK Rowling are CASH billionaires - egos under control. (note: if an ego can back itself, say warren buffet etc, they're the few exceptions). Im not being an ass, but to line other folks pockets is your ego at work. I love my 2009 Jeep, bought used with 35k miles on it, and paid no more than I was willing, and i negotiated good price on bumper to bumper ext warranty bc Jeeps are known for mechanical difficulties BUT i could have paid cash for 2012, and i wanted to, oh did I, but that was my ego wanting to impress others. My previous car was 14 years old and for the last five years folks teased me like crazy about my old junky car - egos!! And i must admit theres something unique about Jeep that cradles our egos with warm, clean hands but if you need GAP insurance perhaps youre buying something for all the wrong reasons? Tell u what: give dave ramsey a call and see what he has to say abt it take care!!
Holy shit, did they thaw you out? Now we know how a Mississippi cave man writes.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 PM
JK Freak

Just saw this thread.
HOLY
Glad your ok, keep us posted on the insurance co.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are you sure you aren't Dave Ramsey? Lol
Old 01-19-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Huh? Back this up with complete details/documentation and calcs. I bet you cant do it.
It super simple... if you can finance 37K or whatever at 0% and you can leave the money invested in something even if your only bringing 3% return you make money taking the loan and leaving the money in the bank.
This is why I finance almost every time. Almost always for me anyway the interest on the loan is less then the return on investment because loans have been offered for less than 2%. I in turn get the Gap insurance because for the 2-300 it costs if the jeep ends up being a total loss for any reason the loan gets paid 100% and I don't have to worry about it.
No advanced math needed this is really a very simple concept for those that have good credit.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Jedi

Hey guys,

Got my check from Allstate and flying up to Baltimore tomorrow to pick up my 3rd Deep Cherry Red Rubicon. Hopefully, the third time is a charm. Anyway, Allstate gave me $500 more than I paid for my Jeep, full taxes and registration. I am happy with the settlement and the process was painless although it took a little longer than I would have liked. I am actually upgrading my Rubicon with Uconnect, heated seats, side airbags, navigation 730n, auto climate control and 4.10 gears. As with my other Jeeps it will have automatic transmission, dual tops and remote start. My net out of cost for $2,900 worth of upgrades overy my totaled 2012 out the door is $984. Hopefully I can sell my brand new soft top to offset the difference. I have seen several on CL the last few months for $800 - $900 bucks, so I'll give it a shot.

I'm still sore on my back and shoulder from the seat belt and impact but hopefully will get better in the next 3-4 weeks. I may have to buy one of those stickers for the windshield that says, "If you can read this turn me over"... LOL

Thanks for all the positive and supportive comments.

I'll keep you guys posted!!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dinojeep
Just saw this thread.
HOLY
Glad your ok, keep us posted on the insurance co.
X2. It seems to be trending. That is three posts in three days I have seen on nasty accidents. Be careful out there. The JK seems to be your best friend and takes one for the team. Truly amazing.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

so awesome everything turned out all right. Hope the pain in your shoulder and back are temporary. Can't wait to see your new jeep.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Hey guys,

Got my check from Allstate and flying up to Baltimore tomorrow to pick up my 3rd Deep Cherry Red Rubicon. Hopefully, the third time is a charm. Anyway, Allstate gave me $500 more than I paid for my Jeep, full taxes and registration. I am happy with the settlement and the process was painless although it took a little longer than I would have liked. I am actually upgrading my Rubicon with Uconnect, heated seats, side airbags, navigation 730n, auto climate control and 4.10 gears. As with my other Jeeps it will have automatic transmission, dual tops and remote start. My net out of cost for $2,900 worth of upgrades overy my totaled 2012 out the door is $984. Hopefully I can sell my brand new soft top to offset the difference. I have seen several on CL the last few months for $800 - $900 bucks, so I'll give it a shot.

I'm still sore on my back and shoulder from the seat belt and impact but hopefully will get better in the next 3-4 weeks. I may have to buy one of those stickers for the windshield that says, "If you can read this turn me over"... LOL

Thanks for all the positive and supportive comments.

I'll keep you guys posted!!

congrats glad everything turned out well for you, keep us updated with the "new" new Jeep

Quick Reply: Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!