Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks

Here is my understanding of GAP correct me if I am wrong. GAP covers the difference between what is owed and what the vehicle is valued at. If If I owed $35K and it was valued at $30K GAP would pay the $5K difference. It does not pay the $37K that I paid for it.

I only owed $14K on the Jeep so GAP would not work for me.
Youre understanding is good but YIKES who are these people who pay 37k for something valued at 30k and they owe 35k? You dont need GAP cuz you already got one - in your head. Anyway, know this: GAP is never going to duplicate what your primary coverage pays. The GAP is defined in the master policy that must be given to you if requested. One more thing: if you truly need GAP insurance perhaps you should reconsider your purchase? This man who was in the accident was financially intelligent with his dealings. Yes, buying and financing any car can be argued, but to be "upside-down" in value in a depreciating asset is just not wise, ever!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt say "not ever". For example i bought my last 2 jeeps with zero down and 0%financing even though i had the cash. They ended up upside down at first. That way i could make the interest on the cash.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I wouldnt say "not ever". For example i bought my last 2 jeeps with zero down and 0%financing even though i had the cash. They ended up upside down at first. That way i could make the interest on the cash.
Huh? Back this up with complete details/documentation and calcs. I bet you cant do it.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pushrod
I know it hurts your feelings for someone to wreck your new rig but in the end it's just bent metal, the important thing is that your ok. I'm sure you had insurance so it will do what you pay for it to do, either repair or replace your vehicle.

There is an upside to the idiot that hit you without insurance and that is that he now doesn't have a car to drive nor insurance to repair / replace the one he hit you in, so maybe he is off the road for a while. I'm sure if he didn't have insurance, licenese or current plates on his vehicle he will have a hard time coming up with a down payment on the next car.

He was probably on his way home from an Occupy meeting.
The just find the next $500 piece of junk to drive. With no license, insurance, etc they don't care.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OutlawJoker
I hope you got the Gap insurance.
I can see the reasons for GAP Insurance but have you seen the prices for Used JKs. In my area 2007 X are listed for 19-20k.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

So dont buy in your area. Have you shopped this forum?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bjbspong
So dont buy in your area. Have you shopped this forum?
Not in the market, got two already Just saying it goes to establish value.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

No your area as far as i no doesnt est any value regarding Jeep - thank the lawd
Old 01-14-2012, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bjbspong

Huh? Back this up with complete details/documentation and calcs. I bet you cant do it.
Well for example if the jeep is $20000 and driving it off the lot it depreciates 5k, i would owe 5k more than it is worth. With regard to the interest savings:

1. Cash: i get jeep, chrysler gets 20k

2. Financed at 0% 36mo: i get jeep (with lien until paid off). I also keep 20k (minus $555.55 per month) and make some interest on it for 36months
Old 01-14-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Youre making stuff up - i want to see you back yourself up with true data and facts, not hypos - question: why wld you knowingly buy something that drops 5k in value as soon as its driven off lot?

Quick Reply: Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!