Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PAwrangler08
If you drive in PA with no insurance you get arrested.

Were you wearing your seat belt?
I'm sorry to hear about this, but good thing your still here!! It's a shame it happened to you but I always wanted to know what would happen if i rolled mine. I'm surprised the doors stayed on as well as they did. Again, glad your ok!
I was wearing my seatbelt and it kept me from hitting my head on the hard top when I was rolling over. Seat belt was key in my lack of serious injury/death. I am still very sore as of today...
Old 01-07-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nooooo! Dude I totally feel your pain. This is shitty beyond words. My wifes sister always jokes about me crashing my jeep due to how much I love it and time put into it, the thought alone is depressing. Glad you could walk away from that and wish you the best with what is to come.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm thankfull that no one was really hurt. It is a shame that the Jeep was lost in the event. All the best in getting things settled.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man, get well soon. Let us know when the accident report is available.

FYI, the officer 9 times out of 10 would have to finish the accident report before going home. The 3 days is for his Sgt or Lt. To approve the report... Unless it's a small town and the the Ofc. Does what ever he/she wants.

Also, have your insurance request a copy of the accident report, many PDs will charge you for a copy of the report, the insurance company will pay that becaue they need it for their records and money is no object to corporate america!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been almost a week now and I am sore as ever... I only missed one day of work and although I am an IT guy I really should have stayed home.

My neck, shoulder and back down my left hand side are really tight and sore. I am going to see if I can go to a Neurologist tomorrow. Maybe they can get me some physical thearpy or send me to a Chriopracter or someone who gives massages (no not those kind!! ). This part SUCKS!!

Who knows maybe the police report will show up online as well so I can get the ball rolling on my new jeep. I am really hung up on Deep Cherry Red which are becoming scarce. I have located one about 400 miles away that have the side air bags and that's the one I want. Once I get the jeep I am going to purchase a roll cage from Smittybilt or Rockhard. Yes, call me paranoid but I am certain if my wife or son had been in the passenger seat they would have sustained head injury.

I'll keep you guys posted!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Wow, close call. Gives me more confidence in our new Jeep. Good luck with your purchase of the new one you found. Keep us posted....

Oh, and good luck on your physical therapy!

And if we'd have ordered our new one, (kinda wish we would have now), I would have specified side air bags for sure
Old 01-08-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow! Crazy. I feel for you. I'd be so pissed if someone hit me with my new Jeep. Glad you are ok!

In Michigan, it's against the law to not have car insurance. We pay a little more, but I don't mind!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOW!! I live in wilmington as well and work in the ER there, but obviously didn't see you. Hate to hear that as I just got a 2012 rubicon less than a month ago myself. Sucks that the type of people who don't have insurance, and run red lights are the type that have nothing to lose so what can you do?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is crazy - I would have expected the roll bars to survive a little better. I guess they helped a lot I just wouldn't have expected that. now I'm wishing I had held out for the side impact bags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Thank God You're Ok, I hope the Insurance guys do you right......They would have had to shoot me with an elephant tranquilizer to keep me from kiilling the other guy....

Quick Reply: Totaled my 2012 Rubi - LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!