Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

took the rear tire off

Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default took the rear tire off

Since my rear tire is stock I decided to remove it and IMO it looks a lot better on my JK!

Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey!! Looks good To bad you have the CB Antenna on there you can remove the whole tire carrier itself....the only bad thing is you have to cut the wires to the 3rd brake light. I am never going to put my 3rd brake light back on the jeep anyway so I just sealed the wires and put them back in the tailgate.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the bobtail look myself, but if you choose to run sans spare, know you're pushing an already forward weight bias on the JK even MORE forward. Strive for 50-50 weight distribution. You just need to find a local trucking company receptive to helping out. Weigh front axle, rear axle, then the entire Jeep in trail kit (spares, full fuel, etc). It's worth knowing GVWR (4,900 for a 2-door 'X'), front axle GWR and rear axle GWR and how your rig stacks up with YOU and your stuff in it. Cheers!

Last edited by opdsgt; 06-08-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely makes seeing out the back a whole lot easier. That went right out the window after I put a 35" back there after a couple weeks of running sans-spare.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd make a quick angle iron mount or something for that antenna and lose the empty carrier
Old 06-09-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Warrior makes a slick looking piece to cover that up and keep a 3rd brakelight if you need one. I do here, and a piece of angle iron between 2 bolts will hold your CB antenna. Nice and clean and functional too.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Under Dawg
I like the bobtail look myself, but if you choose to run sans spare, know you're pushing an already forward weight bias on the JK even MORE forward. Strive for 50-50 weight distribution. You just need to find a local trucking company receptive to helping out. Weigh front axle, rear axle, then the entire Jeep in trail kit (spares, full fuel, etc). It's worth knowing GVWR (4,900 for a 2-door 'X'), front axle GWR and rear axle GWR and how your rig stacks up with YOU and your stuff in it. Cheers!

Thanks I kinda worried about the weight distribution until I realized that I have 2 12" subs in a box in the back so I think I'm ok on the weight.

Originally Posted by Just Jeepin It
where do you live in alabama
Mobile. Where on the gulf coast are you located?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Just Jeepin It
wow thats hella close i live in loxely
Nice! We should go wheelin' sometime!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 2010jeeper
Hey!! Looks good To bad you have the CB Antenna on there you can remove the whole tire carrier itself....the only bad thing is you have to cut the wires to the 3rd brake light. I am never going to put my 3rd brake light back on the jeep anyway so I just sealed the wires and put them back in the tailgate.
There is a plastic cover on the inside the tailgate you pop it off and the wires have a clip you can undo instead of cutting the wire.

Then I just plugged the holes with xmas tree clips

Quick Reply: took the rear tire off