Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Tonka hits the water!

Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say, I was very fired up after reading all the other Crash threads, which led to my posts. Don't waist your time responding to my last post unless you really feel the urge because I am done posting in this thread. Nothing I am going to say is going to make you realize what I feel is wrong if you don't think it is. I work hard for everything I have, full time job and two part time, to make sure I can pay for the jeep, house, wife, dogs, etc...so I took offense to the whole situation. Do what you want man, but try to understand why this whole thing is going to get under the skin of some people. I think after reading this thread we could all use a laugh and I found this comical.

*Edit* Fixed the pic so it wouldn't mess up the page. I didn't make this but I'm not going to reveal where I got it.

Last edited by LaxinFish29; 07-02-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LaxinFish29
I have to say, I was very fired up after reading all the other Crash threads, which led to my posts. Don't waist your time responding to my last post unless you really feel the urge because I am done posting in this thread. Nothing I am going to say is going to make you realize what I feel is wrong if you don't think it is. I work hard for everything I have, full time job and two part time, to make sure I can pay for the jeep, house, wife, dogs, etc...so I took offense to the whole situation. Do what you want man, but try to understand why this whole thing is going to get under the skin of some people. I think after reading this thread we could all use a laugh and I found this comical.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

While crazy thread, and to be honest I dont get it. Let me see....if I donate money does that make me an automatic owner?

I donated to the cancer society, my mom died of cancer... should I demand my money back?

I once gave $10 to a bum on a corner, my wife says he going to buy smokes and beer with it, not food. I said to my wife, if I didnt have a place to sleep I would buy smokes and booze also and if that gets him through the night so be it.

I guess my point is when you give its from the heart with no strings attached.

I really dont understand the bashing......especially in the jeep family.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Blackjp4dr
While crazy thread, and to be honest I dont get it. Let me see....if I donate money does that make me an automatic owner?

I donated to the cancer society, my mom died of cancer... should I demand my money back?

I once gave $10 to a bum on a corner, my wife says he going to buy smokes and beer with it, not food. I said to my wife, if I didnt have a place to sleep I would buy smokes and booze also and if that gets him through the night so be it.

I guess my point is when you give its from the heart with no strings attached.

I really dont understand the bashing......especially in the jeep family.
your right..but i think in this case its more of a personal thing..im all about the "jeep family", but just bc a guy owns a jeep doesnt mean he's not a douche..regardless of the donations, it just shows that the guy is an ass..i mean how are you really defending that a drive through car wash solved all the salt corrosion problems bc he "rinsed" it off.. people were trying to help unitl he got all defensive and turned this thread into what it is...
Old 07-02-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jkrat
This is what happened to the last guy I saw drive into the surf,you sir got lucky
Well that man was an idiot. I've seen entire campers (without the tow vehicle) like that. Guess they drove themselves into soft sand too? That kind of shit happens when you are on the BEACH, not a Jetty.

Originally Posted by armycop
**Personal opinion and not representing JK-Forum in any way**

This thread is going to go nowhere but downhill. The problem most people are having is that you are putting your Jeep in deep water again after accepting handouts to rebuild your Jeep that YOU damaged. (YES, YOU DAMAGED IT, NOT AN "ACCIDENT") Even though some people are mislabeling it as a hydrolock, your Jeep suffered extreme water damage that disabled it and needed major repairs.

You didn't directly ask for handouts, but by posting about every single misfortune in your life, you did use your "situation" to elicit donations. For example, you posted about selling your DVD's for cash, losing your job, your wife losing her job, your shop being vandalized/robbed, etc.

Then a couple days after your Jeep is transported (using other peoples $$$) and fixed, (also using other people's $$$), you start a post about fitting larger tires on your Jeep. That was the FIRST slap in the face to all the people who "donated". Now you have been flaunting fishing pictures and driving your JK to the ocean, slapping more people in the face.

This isn't JK-Forum talking. This is a person saying what is on his mind to another person, just like MKJeep and others you don't agree with. The people on this forum have been very good to you and we should all be thankful that we have a free place to hang out and talk JK's.
Really???

I've been broke as shit, and still dreaming about things I wanted for my rig... so what?

So now that life is better for him, and he's sharing snapshots of his good fortune with everyone (fishing, on the beach, house by the water, etc.) He's an ungrateful ass? I say screw that. I was on the waters of san antonio bay and the the gulf before some of the folks on here were wiping their own asses, and I can tell you one universal truth: Salt water eats everything metal wether it touches it or not. Its in the air, theres a higher salinity content in the damn rain down here! Crash, get a couple of sweeper sprinklers and stick em under it for anout half an hour, then flush the insides of your frame rails and you'll be fine.

When you give something to someone, you GIVE it away! That means you have no say as to what they do with it. By the logic of all the nay-sayers, I suppose if he goes out and wheels it, and flops, he's slapping everyone in the face? How about if he decides to trade it in on a four door? What then? Is that an insult to the people who helped out a brother in his time of need? What ever happened to the "gift of giving"? If you gave with an open heart, then you have been blessed.

I dont think he was "pitypussying" anything. I honestly have never met the man in person, but I believe he feels like he's part of a community here, a brother and sisterhood if you will, and was simply sharing as one would with friends. No one here's ever shared hardships and trouble with others who share a common bond? Likewise, now he's sharing his good fortune and joyous times in his life, and he's an ungrateful ass because of it?

BTW, the use of vulgarity in your first post on a thread especially calling someone a "stupid motherfucker" shows a severe lack of intelligence, and the complete absence of anything worth saying. ( It wasnt important enough for me to remember your name, but you know who you are.)
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
the accident wasnt the first time, it was like the 40th.
You know this, as does everyone else.
You just enoy giving me a hard time.
Yeah... I was just bustin your balls.

You know that this is a hot button topic with you, the water, and this Jeep... so you should have expected a reaction. So take all that with a grain of salt.

I think Camp is a super dude, I spent some time with him last year when I was in Phoenix on business. What he did for you was a great thing, a Jeeper helping out another Jeeper. He had the ability and resources and he reached out to help. Some folks pitched in with some cash to help out and that again, was more Jeepers helping out a fellow Jeeper. I think that is what sets the Jeep community apart... we care for each other and help out. Some folks had heartburn with that whole deal, while I understand their perspective, they should just relax and allow folks to help if they want. No big deal, if you want to give someone some money, that's your decision.

Crash, you are just going to have to acknowledge that because of all of this, you are going to be under scrutiny for quite sometime.

Good luck though... and keep the damn water out of your Jeep!

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 07-02-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LaxinFish29

*Edit* Fixed the pic so it wouldn't mess up the page. I didn't make this but I'm not going to reveal where I got it.
cmon...i know someone on here has PS skills....
try something more like this...
Take out the curb, so it looks like im in the surf...not on solid pavement.
And throw in some extra waves....
Jeez, people. I expected more in an attempt at photo humor.

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 07-02-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Junkie

lol echo.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jkrat
I can't believe this guy doesn't undrestand the damage he has done to that jeep.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: The Tonka hits the water!