Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Tonka hits the water!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
You are just plain stupid! Post up picks of all the corrosion in a few weeks. Poor you!
Be happy to.
3, 4 weeks?
You have a date in mind?
Let me know, and I'll set something up.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where's a tidal wave when you need one???

Old 07-02-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by petenice15
Where's a tidal wave when you need one???

By definition, every wave that comes up on shore is considered a Tidal wave, as it in some way is either bringing in or taking out the Tide.

I think the word you are thinking of is a Tsunami. Like the one that killed 250,000 people in Indonesia a few years back when an earthquake went off in the Indian Ocean.

I do believe if a Tsunami happened in Galveston, a lot more people than just Crash would lose their vehicle due to the immediate flooding. (He could then claim insurance and get Tonka back again in its third reincarnation!)

On a side note...I do believe tonka went under the weather because of electrical problems? Fried his comp if I remember....And his transmission. No hydrolock though.

Last edited by Rawb77; 07-02-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Youll be fine, just rinse it really good. I would pull my axles and replace all my fluids however. Saltwater is nasty stuff but you can rinse it off.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

a lot of hating going on here...
Old 07-02-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkrat
This is what happened to the last guy I saw drive into the surf,you sir got lucky
Right, but he got stuck in sand and then the tide came in and it swallowed him (the guy in JKrat's picture, not Tonka.)

Tonka is on a Pavement (Concrete...hard stuff) Jetty. He's not sitting on sand in the actual surf. The picture everyone is complaining about is a wave that crashed just over the rocks of the Jetty. He wasnt in any danger of hydrolocking or getting stuck in the sand and buried or anything. People need to simmer
Old 07-02-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
Attack of the newbies.
Too too funny.

And who is telling these fools I ever hydrolocked?
It's bad enough to be an ass towards me, but to have to make up a reason....really?
Because of my post count, my points aren't valid? As you like to say, really? Sorry I don't post from my iPhone while looking for new tires and making sure everyone knows my stuggling financial situation.

I didn't have to make up a reason, please read below.

I commented on your actions, which I have every right to do. If you want to say I'm a fool that is fine but I think armycop says it best in the following thread, which speaks for itself by the way. Especially the last page.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...h-Thread/page7
Old 07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Junkie

LOL this thread took off
Old 07-02-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**Personal opinion and not representing JK-Forum in any way**

This thread is going to go nowhere but downhill. The problem most people are having is that you are putting your Jeep in deep water again after accepting handouts to rebuild your Jeep that YOU damaged. (YES, YOU DAMAGED IT, NOT AN "ACCIDENT") Even though some people are mislabeling it as a hydrolock, your Jeep suffered extreme water damage that disabled it and needed major repairs.

You didn't directly ask for handouts, but by posting about every single misfortune in your life, you did use your "situation" to elicit donations. For example, you posted about selling your DVD's for cash, losing your job, your wife losing her job, your shop being vandalized/robbed, etc.

Then a couple days after your Jeep is transported (using other peoples $$$) and fixed, (also using other people's $$$), you start a post about fitting larger tires on your Jeep. That was the FIRST slap in the face to all the people who "donated". Now you have been flaunting fishing pictures and driving your JK to the ocean, slapping more people in the face.

This isn't JK-Forum talking. This is a person saying what is on his mind to another person, just like MKJeep and others you don't agree with. The people on this forum have been very good to you and we should all be thankful that we have a free place to hang out and talk JK's.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by armycop
**Personal opinion and not representing JK-Forum in any way**

This thread is going to go nowhere but downhill. The problem most people are having is that you are putting your Jeep in deep water again after accepting handouts to rebuild your Jeep that YOU damaged. (YES, YOU DAMAGED IT, NOT AN "ACCIDENT") Even though some people are mislabeling it as a hydrolock, your Jeep suffered extreme water damage that disabled it and needed major repairs.

You didn't directly ask for handouts, but by posting about every single misfortune in your life, you did use your "situation" to elicit donations. For example, you posted about selling your DVD's for cash, losing your job, your wife losing her job, your shop being vandalized/robbed, etc.

Then a couple days after your Jeep is transported (using other peoples $$$) and fixed, (also using other people's $$$), you start a post about fitting larger tires on your Jeep. That was the FIRST slap in the face to all the people who "donated". Now you have been flaunting fishing pictures and driving your JK to the ocean, slapping more people in the face.

This isn't JK-Forum talking. This is a person saying what is on his mind to another person, just like MKJeep and others you don't agree with. The people on this forum have been very good to you and we should all be thankful that we have a free place to hang out and talk JK's.

...You left out the house on the water portion of that.

Quick Reply: The Tonka hits the water!