Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Tonka hits the water!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
Well Crash, I felt bad for you when your Jeep was out of commision and worthless to you.

I didn't send any money because I felt that you did what you did and now lay in your bed type of situation.

I never said ONE negative word about you or your "situation" in regards to how smart/dumb it was to do in the first place or in regards to a sponsor and or other Jeepers helping you out. (Feel Free to go and check)

I responded to your apology in that I thought it was done because you felt you needed to for whatever reason and that we all screw up, nobody is perfect. Thought the apology was a class act all the way.

That ALL being said my brother... Did you not THINK for ONE SECOND that photo's with WATER like this and YOUR Jeep on this forum would continue to be a polarizing issue and best left NOT POSTED???

I continue with my thoughts as I have from the get go that it's your rig, do what you'd like. Others will do what they feel they need to do when a person is in whatever need they may or may not be in. Good with all of that.

These photo's are the first time I will say you have miss stepped for real brother. You HAD to have known what the response would be from a MAJOR % of folks on this forum. I mean talk about poking a hornets nest?!?!?!? Do you know where I'm coming from here or is it me?

What is the saying? Let a sleeping dog lay or something like that.

Also to Crash, if your sick of us mods, go away.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread is five stars
Old 07-01-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
Well Crash, I felt bad for you when your Jeep was out of commision and worthless to you.

I didn't send any money because I felt that you did what you did and now lay in your bed type of situation.

I never said ONE negative word about you or your "situation" in regards to how smart/dumb it was to do in the first place or in regards to a sponsor and or other Jeepers helping you out. (Feel Free to go and check)

I responded to your apology in that I thought it was done because you felt you needed to for whatever reason and that we all screw up, nobody is perfect. Thought the apology was a class act all the way.

That ALL being said my brother... Did you not THINK for ONE SECOND that photo's with WATER like this and YOUR Jeep on this forum would continue to be a polarizing issue and best left NOT POSTED???

I continue with my thoughts as I have from the get go that it's your rig, do what you'd like. Others will do what they feel they need to do when a person is in whatever need they may or may not be in. Good with all of that.

These photo's are the first time I will say you have miss stepped for real brother. You HAD to have known what the response would be from a MAJOR % of folks on this forum. I mean talk about poking a hornets nest?!?!?!? Do you know where I'm coming from here or is it me?

What is the saying? Let a sleeping dog lay or something like that.
Thank you for sharing and being honest, Dylan.
In reply to your question...no.

I, in no way, see parking on pavement in a puddle with water splashing in the background as a risk to my vehicle, or a reason for others to bash me.

I don't even understand the reason behind bashing me for having an offroad accident in my Jeep...like no one else cause injury to their vehicle by making a bad judgment call. There are many accidents on and off road from drivers not paying attention, speeding, going over obstacles, or any of the other things that turn out to not be the best decision.
Why do I stand out?
Celebrities who are involved in an automotive accident don't have to put up with as much BS as I do on here.

It's just a few pictures ,people.

Whew, I'm glad no one took any photos of what I had to drive through to get home. I can't imagine what that would have started.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
I don't even understand the reason behind bashing me for having an offroad accident in my Jeep...like no one else cause injury to their vehicle by making a bad judgment call. There are many accidents on and off road from drivers not paying attention, speeding, going over obstacles, or any of the other things that turn out to not be the best decision.
Why do I stand out?
Celebrities who are involved in an automotive accident don't have to put up with as much BS as I do on here.
I think it is because the drama, donated money, time and effort that made that JK turnkey again.

There are accidents and off-road mishaps. But they usually don't end up with the expensive and labor intensive 3rd party repairs performed.

It's like if my JK roll 10x over on a certain obstacle. People send fenders, parts, donate money, a body shop on the forum offers to to fix it all up...boom, good as new! Thanks to the help from others because my insurance wouldn't cover anything.....Well, then i go mess around on that same obstacle and take pictures of my Jeep 3 wheelin it and very off camber!

It can send the wrong vibes for sure..

From the Comp Tonka Rebuild thread...

lol.....everyone's telling me to stay away from water....only water getting on it for a loooooong time is to wash it.
Gonna be NEAR water plenty though, since the new house is waterfront on both sides, and the new studio is on the beach.

Last edited by GoodysGotaCuda; 07-01-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Thank you for sharing and being honest, Dylan.
In reply to your question...no.

I, in no way, see parking on pavement in a puddle with water splashing in the background as a risk to my vehicle, or a reason for others to bash me.

Why do I stand out?

It's just a few pictures ,people.

Whew, I'm glad no one took any photos of what I had to drive through to get home. I can't imagine what that would have started.
You're welcome Crash. I just wanted to be fairly eloquent in describing some of the thinking behind the grief you may now once again be getting because of these new pics. I just would have thought and hoped before you hit the submit post button that your editor kicked in and said "Wow, probably not a good choice putting these photo's on the forum". At this point they are just rekindling and perpetuating the "Drama" you wish you never had to deal with in the first place. Once again, I'm still not bashing or hating on you and hope you didn't take my original post as such.

Last edited by Dylanjam77; 07-01-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

I only pulled it to try and brighten up the shot in photoshop.
Its definitely going back in there.

Love how the volunteer "Mods" are the main people giving me flak on here.
Uh, yeah, it's just us.

Guess you guys have to start the drama so youll have something to do.
That coming from the UDQ, (ultimate drama queen)

And Ill address this one last time...
1.I never asked for money.No, you pitypussed it
2.I accepted help from a sponsor to get my vehicle running again.....how he chose to fund it was not my doing.Oh, get real
3.Plans are already in the works to repay all who helped, plus an additional thank you gift. Camp is compiling a list for me of those who chose to help me out.
Don't send me one, I did it out of the goodness of my heart , for whatever that's worth.

Dont know what you and the others have against me.Again, really?
So what if I use my effin Jeep instead of parking it?Pics in the surf? Need I say more?
Im tired of this.Good, we're tired of you
You guys and your BS go against the brotherhood of JKers this forum has built so strongly.This forum and a sponsor rebuilt your jeep dummy.
You act like Im the only person that ever had an offroad accident in their Jeep.
If you never have, its because you havent been out in it. again
Even now that Im going easy on the Jeep, you still love slinging shit. Haha, like your not slingin this shit in our face
Even after my apology to everyone, youre still following me around trying to stir things up.When you post ocean wave fishlippin your jk, uh , YEAH!
Id tell you all to kiss my ass, but thats just not me.You just did, so kiss mine too.
God bless you, brother. I hope you find a heart in there somewhere real soon.We're just a buncha heartless mofo's around here, that's why you gotta driveable jeep now instead of a waterlogged clump of metal piece of shit.

Last edited by mkjeep; 07-01-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

regardless of your previous situation, salt water corrodes metal. Yes, you live near the beach and salt is in the air, but that is not the same as soaking your drivetrain in salt water. Your so called rinsing is not going to clean out every nook and cranny. It might not rust out but you def increased your chances for a "cool" picture. Im in the navy and my roommate works on F18 airframes and deals with metal corrosion daily. He passed by as I was looking at your pictures, "dudes shit is gonna be rusted out", need I say more. All the drama you speak of and the "haters", you create it all by your posts. just sayin
Old 07-01-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Junkie

Really, MK?
That's the best you can come up with?
That's insulting on it's own.
Take your meds and give it another shot.

And trust me... If you donated anything, you'll be the first to get it back.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Really, MK?
That's the best you can come up with?
That's insulting on it's own.
Take your meds and give it another shot.

And trust me... If you donated anything, you'll be the first to get it back.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
At least you could get the donation back? Put it in the beach house fund

Quick Reply: The Tonka hits the water!