Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Tonka hits the water!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak
It's just crazy to me that you would post something like this...The ocean (im assuming that is the ocaen) is very unpredictable, just ask any surfer. What would happen if a 5' rolled in, on top of the 2-3' ones in the picture?

We all know what would happen, you would hydrolock your rig and you've already been down that path once.
Originally Posted by mkjeep
Gee, thanks for slapping Camp and the guys in the face who donated for your hydrolocked jk.
Hmm...facts so easily forgotten.
My Jeep has NEVER been hydrolocked.
Perhaps you have me confused with someone else.

Not to mention you guys arent really stupid enough to think a jeep can hydrolock in 9" of water while it isnt moving and the engine is off, right?
Its barely over the lower tire rubber.

I had to push through more than that on my way home....on the highway!

BTW, MK.....Camp loved the pic!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi

Crash.......I wouldn't just rely on a cool rinse (I guess with the hose?) after the salt water bath. I would find some river or pond you could "GENTLY"....lol, lower the jk down into and let it soak for awhile. If you don't get ALL that salt water off, you are asking for trouble. IMO......
Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Get the damn thing out of the ocean, your causing a huge oil slick.....
LMFAO, Happy....thats effin awesome!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Gee, thanks for slapping Camp and the guys in the face who donated for your hydrolocked jk.
My sentiments exactly, mk. I realize his Jeep will probably survive its salt water bath, but considering the history here, the whole thing is poor form IMO.

Whatever.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Crash.......I wouldn't just rely on a cool rinse (I guess with the hose?) after the salt water bath. I would find some river or pond you could "GENTLY"....lol, lower the jk down into and let it soak for awhile. If you don't get ALL that salt water off, you are asking for trouble. IMO......
I used the wand at the car wash.
But Im sure anything I missed was washed off on the drive home down flooded streets.
They were deeper than what I was parked in on the pier.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Dunno why you would edit this pic out.

It's only a good nine inches of saltwater being pressure washed into every crevice. Eh maybe you'll get lucky enough to have another handout given to you in the name of "stop the Tonka from rusting into a pile of shit"
Old 07-01-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default crash

hey crash i will drop by with my book and have a talk with you about driving on the jetties lol
Old 07-01-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by falconfixer
Dunno why you would edit this pic out.

It's only a good nine inches of saltwater being pressure washed into every crevice. Eh maybe you'll get lucky enough to have another handout given to you in the name of "stop the Tonka from rusting into a pile of shit"
I only pulled it to try and brighten up the shot in photoshop.
Its definitely going back in there.

Love how the volunteer "Mods" are the main people giving me flak on here.
Guess you guys have to start the drama so youll have something to do.

And Ill address this one last time...
1.I never asked for money.
2.I accepted help from a sponsor to get my vehicle running again.....how he chose to fund it was not my doing.
3.Plans are already in the works to repay all who helped, plus an additional thank you gift. Camp is compiling a list for me of those who chose to help me out.

Dont know what you and the others have against me.
So what if I use my effin Jeep instead of parking it?
Im tired of this.
You guys and your BS go against the brotherhood of JKers this forum has built so strongly.
You act like Im the only person that ever had an offroad accident in their Jeep.
If you never have, its because you havent been out in it.
Even now that Im going easy on the Jeep, you still love slinging shit.
Even after my apology to everyone, youre still following me around trying to stir things up.
Id tell you all to kiss my ass, but thats just not me.
God bless you, brother. I hope you find a heart in there somewhere real soon.

Originally Posted by dj422gpd
hey crash i will drop by with my book and have a talk with you about driving on the jetties lol

I looked real close for anything posted, Officer.
Bring a sign with you and we'll talk.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
I only pulled it to try and brighten up the shot in photoshop.
Its definitely going back in there.

Love how the volunteer "Mods" are the main people giving me flak on here.
Guess you guys have to start the drama so youll have something to do.

And Ill address this one last time...
1.I never asked for money.
2.I accepted help from a sponsor to get my vehicle running again.....how he chose to fund it was not my doing.
3.Plans are already in the works to repay all who helped, plus an additional thank you gift. Camp is compiling a list for me of those who chose to help me out.

Dont know what you and the others have against me.
So what if I use my effin Jeep instead of parking it?
Im tired of this.
You guys and your BS go against the brotherhood of JKers this forum has built so strongly.
You act like Im the only person that ever had an offroad accident in their Jeep.
If you never have, its because you havent been out in it.
Even now that Im going easy on the Jeep, you still love slinging shit.
Even after my apology to everyone, youre still following me around trying to stir things up.
Id tell you all to kiss my ass, but thats just not me.
God bless you, brother. I hope you find a heart in there somewhere real soon.

I looked real close for anything posted, Officer.
Bring a sign with you and we'll talk.

Hwill be haters and the drama queens ALWAYS need SOMEONE to cry about. It may not be smart or something I'd do but it's your Jeep.

Last edited by highoctane; 07-01-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Well Crash, I felt bad for you when your Jeep was out of commision and worthless to you.

I didn't send any money because I felt that you did what you did and now lay in your bed type of situation.

I never said ONE negative word about you or your "situation" in regards to how smart/dumb it was to do in the first place or in regards to a sponsor and or other Jeepers helping you out. (Feel Free to go and check)

I responded to your apology in that I thought it was done because you felt you needed to for whatever reason and that we all screw up, nobody is perfect. Thought the apology was a class act all the way.

That ALL being said my brother... Did you not THINK for ONE SECOND that photo's with WATER like this and YOUR Jeep on this forum would continue to be a polarizing issue and best left NOT POSTED???

I continue with my thoughts as I have from the get go that it's your rig, do what you'd like. Others will do what they feel they need to do when a person is in whatever need they may or may not be in. Good with all of that.

These photo's are the first time I will say you have miss stepped for real brother. You HAD to have known what the response would be from a MAJOR % of folks on this forum. I mean talk about poking a hornets nest?!?!?!? Do you know where I'm coming from here or is it me?

What is the saying? Let a sleeping dog lay or something like that.

Last edited by Dylanjam77; 07-01-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: The Tonka hits the water!