Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Tonka hits the water!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...really like the pictures. very cool.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is just flat out cool man. The shot of it almost over the hood is awesome. You are daring.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 PM
HV
JK Enthusiast

Old 06-30-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Freak
I must say, you have some nads. I wouldn't pass it off on a "photo shoot" because it looks like you are using a $5 disposable camera.
I realize youre confused, but its customary to read through the post before responding.
Your collection of wordless popup books in your home must be amazing!

The camera explanation was in the original post...and taking photographs does not always require a professional photographer.
Also, in order to quote "photo shoot", you need to be quoting someone who actually used that phrase.
(but you knew that- you have yet to make a positive comment in any of my threads)

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 06-30-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Junkie

brave man to stick your rig in salt water
Old 06-30-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
the accident wasnt the first time, it was like the 40th.
You know this, as does everyone else.
You just enoy giving me a hard time.

and I cant see how you can compare this:

to this:

Sorry....there are no malls around here.

Dont really have a choice about parking next to the ocean.
Ive got to work.
Its parked next to the ocean everyday...normally though, there arent the larger waves and wind we have now.

Yep. Its a beautiful sight.
The photos dont do it justice.
Its been like this all day.
My dock at the house is underwater too.
Luckily, it seems as though we arent going to get any of the bad stuff.
Yeah I'm glad yall dodged that one, theres a lot of important stuff going on out there too that would have seriously been fubared... Jeep looks great by the way, glad you gotta her back in working order I'm sure you where going through some serious jeep withdrawals
Old 06-30-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
no sh1t...cool pics but i wouldnt do it
Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted by crazyhorse02
no sh1t...cool pics but i wouldnt do it
Ok, marine experts...educate me.
I'm new with saltwater.

What damage will be caused by being in 9" of ocean water that fresh water pressure washing will not prevent?
Also, I have saltwater blowing in all day all over my jeep. What can I do about that?
Old 06-30-2010, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

It's highly corrosive to anything metal or aluminum (especially wire connections). You can't more than likely won't ever get it all out of the jeep by flushing. The salt, like on roads will stick well and attract moisture in places you can't get to. It speeds up the deterioration process due to the chloride that is in it. The marine experience I have tells me to keep anything I don't want to corrode out of the salt water.

If you live by the beach, you probably notice the rusty vehicles around you. If you look at some cars with some age on them, they are likely rusting pretty quickly. The salt is a rust promoter, it floating into crevices you cannot access will probably give fuss if you keep your Jeep for a few years. Just part of the problem with living by the beach...

Got curious enough to google the topic. Insurance adjusters won't touch a vehicle that was flooded in salt water. Period, instant total.

I wanted to take a minute to mention the differences between freshwater damage versus salt water damage. The main thing that a salt water flooded car does is rust out the car immediately. With in days you can look behind the rubber that is on the door and you will see rust starting to form. This is the salt starting to eat away at the metal on your car body.

Salt water damages your electrical connection in your car real bad. With in days the electric motors are trash. It's all most like taking your car and dropping it into a vat of acid and quickly taking it out.

Fresh water flood damage is bad but no where near the same as salt water. With fresh water you can drain the all of your vehicles fluids, replace all the filters, and more then likely your vehicle will start an you will be able to drive it.

I don't know of any junk yards that will purchase known salt water flooded cars. The damage is just to severe. Nothing can be sold to the general public. The parts are either to corroded or the parts rust apart.
The quote was referencing flooded vehicles, not the photo shot vehicles lol
Old 06-30-2010, 08:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Freak

We all know what would happen, you would hydrolock your rig and you've already been down that path once.
Crash needs h2o rehab, he fell off the wagon! (jk with ya)

Quick Reply: The Tonka hits the water!