Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tires & wheels/before & after

Old 11-20-2010, 06:27 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
That is the exact setup I pulled the trigger on this weekend for my 2007 Rescue Green Unlimited . I got the 265/75r16 DuraTracs ordered and the Pro Comp 7089's on the way.

I am curious how the 265 DuraTracs look with the 4.5" backspace on these wheels. Do you have any close up shots of how much the front and rear tires come past the fenders?

Great looking rig if I do say so myself... I'll post my pics in a week or so.
In my opinion, the 4.5" backspacking is perfect with this tire. I don't have any pics of the tire / fender flare combo, but I'll try to get some tomorrow and post them. The tire does stick out a bit past the fender flare and looks good. You will be happy with your purchase.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DJR
In my opinion, the 4.5" backspacking is perfect with this tire. I don't have any pics of the tire / fender flare combo, but I'll try to get some tomorrow and post them. The tire does stick out a bit past the fender flare and looks good. You will be happy with your purchase.
Thanks, Would love to see. Where did you get the wheels from?
Also, what lugs are you using, and where from?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:29 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, Would love to see. Where did you get the wheels from?
Also, what lugs are you using, and where from?
Got the tires at Discount tire direct and the wheels at Quadratic. Good deals on both at the time. Interesting you asked about the lugs. I kept the stock lugs but had to order an extender for the jack to get to them throught the more narrow holes in the wheels. Over time the new extender basically stripped them so I just ordered a set of Gorilla Lugs. Going to have them installed on the next tire rotation. Comes with it's own extender to fit into the Pro Comp wheels too. The design looks to prevent stripping too.

I took a few pictures of the wheels in the wheel wells (with the 4.5" backspacing) but I don't think it does it justice. I think they look better in person.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice. looks good.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DJR
Got the tires at Discount tire direct and the wheels at Quadratic. Good deals on both at the time. Interesting you asked about the lugs. I kept the stock lugs but had to order an extender for the jack to get to them throught the more narrow holes in the wheels. Over time the new extender basically stripped them so I just ordered a set of Gorilla Lugs. Going to have them installed on the next tire rotation. Comes with it's own extender to fit into the Pro Comp wheels too. The design looks to prevent stripping too.

I took a few pictures of the wheels in the wheel wells (with the 4.5" backspacing) but I don't think it does it justice. I think they look better in person.

PERFECT! Thanks!
I'll post pics when everthing gets installed.
(Any balancing issues?)
Old 11-27-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Default Finally done. Pro Comp 7189 wrapped with 265/75-16 DuraTracs

Vast Improvement.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:48 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Vast Improvement.

Looks Great! You will love them!

Congratz!

DJR
Old 11-27-2010, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

After:

Before:

It next to my wifes

The tires are 315/70r17
Old 11-28-2010, 02:01 PM
cjp
JK Newbie

Vast Improvement.

Looks great. I'm sure you'll love the Duratracs.

Quick Reply: Tires & wheels/before & after