Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tire Ratings.....

Old 02-13-2013, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Ratings.....

I'm looking at getting BFG KM2s for my 2 Door Rubicon. 305/70/17 Size. However, these only come in a E (10 Ply) rating. Any opinions on how a 2 door rubicon will ride on a 10 ply tire? My other option is to do the GY MT w/kevlar. They are a D (8 ply) tire.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JKPhoto
I'm looking at getting BFG KM2s for my 2 Door Rubicon. 305/70/17 Size. However, these only come in a E (10 Ply) rating. Any opinions on how a 2 door rubicon will ride on a 10 ply tire? My other option is to do the GY MT w/kevlar. They are a D (8 ply) tire.
I've been rideing on "E's" since day one. The OE Goodyear Wrangler 245/70r16's that came on the Jeep were E rated. So when I purchased the new Duratracs, I also purchased these tires in an E rateing. I love the dependability of these tires. But I hate the ride. Since my Jeep is mostly a DD, I may even purchase C's next time. I don't know if your set on your choice of tire. But the Dura's come in C, D and E's.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

The Rubicon model came with E-rated tires, so probably won't be too bad.
You may want to run them a little lower than recommended by the door sticker though.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Duratrac's would be my first choice but don't come in the size I'm wanting.....
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

They will ride fine if you get the air pressure right. Do not inflate them to what it says on the tire, instead do a chalk test and drop the pressure until you have a flat contact patch, and a good ride.

Quick Reply: Tire Ratings.....