Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tire Opinion

Old 02-20-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sjsperdute
after stopping and seeing my tire guy. i was looking at Mastercraft Courser C/T. anyone running these? not a bad looking tire and the price is right. any pics? also looked at the M/T, look a little to aggressive for my.
I have the 33x12.5x17 Courser C/T on my Jeep. Seem to do fine, good off-road and on. They do sing a little of the highway, its kind a AT / MT hybrid. Prices are usually good w/ Mastercraft. Has a good mileage rating also. Its a good tire....but not the best. I am leaning towards the Cooper STT for my next set in 35's. Just my opinion.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

35" MTR... Rides a like a car, looks like a jeep!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 35''

I had some 33" BFG T/A KO all terrain for two years and they still look brand new. i had them on a daily driver and had barley any wear. great handling on and off the road. little road noise. i would say they where about in the middle for wheelin. but i like the price and the life of the tires. so.. i am going with the 35''X12.5 R15 for my JK
Old 02-21-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozzy17W
I would recommend the BF Goodrich A/T KO in size 315/75/16. I've used these tires for years in different sizes and have always had good luck with them. They are not as loud on the road as a mud tire (Good for a daily driver) and do real well on and off road. For an all terrain tire they have a pretty aggressive tread, and if taken care of (Check air pressure & rotate) it's not uncommon to get 40-50 thousand miles out of these tires. You can get'em in that size for just a little over $200 a piece. I believe the wieght on those is around 68Lb.
Good luck.
I was thinking EXACTLY what he said. But then again i personally really like the Cooper's. KO is a classic that is only getting better.

My Nitto Terra Grapplers have treated me very well for over 30,000 miles and they're still holding their own. An aggressive all terrain, but cheap, not heavy, basically no noise what so ever, and only took down my mileage a little bit. i'm running the 315/75R16 in Terra's.
I hope my random rambling helped you in some way.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ive heard alot of good things about the goodyear duratracs

Quick Reply: Tire Opinion