Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tire off! (opinions)

Old 10-22-2011, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice job. That orange one - anybody recall who made that one (it is not Lower Forty)? I thought it was a MOPAR project, but can't remember.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I googled it and read the artical. Its a 2006 i believe? He explains how he wanted to keep it original like a classic jeep. His goal was to trick it out and still have it looking like a basic nice ride.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Yup, found it too. 2006 SEMA Jeep from Chrysler - called the Rubicon King.

This is from the press release:

Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon King
An amplification of Jeep’s most capable off-road machine. Taking full advantage of the 4:1 ratio Rock-Trac transfer case and Tru-Lok equipped Dana 44 axles, the Rubicon King utilizes massive BF Goodrich 37×12.50-17 TA Krawler tires mounted on Mopar/Hutchinson beadlock wheels. Superlift Suspension provided its new 4-inch lift for extra ground clearance and Warn-supplied new 9.0 RC Rock Crawling Winch.
Custom features include relocation of the spare tire where the back seat used to reside, fender flares and grille trimmed for extreme clearance, trick lighting, military spec tow shackles and radio delete plate. Other features include American Expedition vehicle’s new heat-reduction hood and rear corner guards.

Not destined to be a show queen, it’ll be put to the test in Moab Utah during Easter Jeep Safari.

I **really** want those wheels. Too Bad they are discontinued (and like $700 each).
Old 10-23-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I have to admit I think they look better without the tire too - nice clean lines. But, where the heck are you going to put one that is safe and does not take up all the interior space. Also, if you do not carry one, what to do about a flat or sheared stem?

Hmmm, actually, if you run beadlock wheels, you can carry a big patch kit, plug kit and spare stems. If you damage a tire, unmount it, fix it and remount.

The more I think about it, this is what I'd do if I could do it all over (too later for me, the OR-FAB rack would leave too many wounds behind).
Old 10-23-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO
Thats a tough one... looks good with & with out the tire
I agree! I guess either way and what your set up looks like ya know? Ill post pics soon of the finished product!

Quick Reply: Tire off! (opinions)