Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tinted my tail lights and marker lights

Old 10-10-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tinted my tail lights and marker lights

just tinted my tail lights blinkers and markers with spray on tint. thought i show you guys.

i think it looks good for 12 bucks.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default with the lights on

Old 10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Did you clear coat? If you didnt theyll be hazy in a bout a week. Even if you do, theyll still be hazy in a few months. The rattle can tint doesnt work that good in the long run.

Looks good now though.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKMudder
Nice. Did you clear coat? If you didnt theyll be hazy in a bout a week. Even if you do, theyll still be hazy in a few months. The rattle can tint doesnt work that good in the long run.

Looks good now though.
yes i did clear coat them. but it beats paying 100-200 bucks for aftermarket tailights
Old 10-10-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good. I did mine as soon as I got the Jeep, this is my second one. I did clear coat mine and I have no hazing issues. Also the tint has held up well through sand, mud, rain and some hot temps. Black rims help accent the tint along with rhino lined door hinges. I did the hinges and I'm saving up for rims over the winter months. Good job and looks like u did them right, still real bright!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, that sounded a bit a holish when I reread what I had written. I didnt mean to sound so negative. Its been my experience that the nightshade and similar stuff when applied just using the spray can does not do well over the long haul. If you actually use a gun to shoot it, it can stay looking nice for a very long time. However, if properly prepped and finished (as it sounds like you did), I'm sure they'll stay looking nice for quite a while.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:52 AM
JK Junkie

Very nice job Randonizer! Looks like you prepped well!

Mine have been done with 3 thin layers of tint and 3 layers of clear and still look sharp and glossy. Kind of fades over time but it stopped fading and it is perfect now. Just a bit darker than Randonizer's lights.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

i believe they really go well with my black wheels
Old 10-11-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those came out rather nicely. Looks great
Old 12-05-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OFCRyan
Looks good. I did mine as soon as I got the Jeep, this is my second one. I did clear coat mine and I have no hazing issues. Also the tint has held up well through sand, mud, rain and some hot temps. Black rims help accent the tint along with rhino lined door hinges. I did the hinges and I'm saving up for rims over the winter months. Good job and looks like u did them right, still real bright!
What about these lined door hinges now? I'm having a hard time finding black hinge replacements.

- 2007 Sahara, 4 DR

Quick Reply: Tinted my tail lights and marker lights