Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

tinted lights..NITE SHADES..PICS

Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on the side lights just tape around them and then cut a hole in a plastic bag and tape it around the light (over the tape you just put on). then spray the light inside the bag and no overspray on your jeep.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by codysanders
on the side lights just tape around them and then cut a hole in a plastic bag and tape it around the light (over the tape you just put on). then spray the light inside the bag and no overspray on your jeep.
That is what I should have done. Taking those damn light out was about 90% of my struggle. What a pain in the ass. Seriously F'd up.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by joneszj
That is what I should have done. Taking those damn light out was about 90% of my struggle. What a pain in the ass. Seriously F'd up.
i don't know ... mine came out easy!

well, i only had one ... and the other fender was already 80% off ... but still! i guess there's a reason i don't have em any more
Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Here are the pics. It was worth the effort and the money spent.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just did my side markers and running lights, going to get to the brake lights sometime tomorrow or this weekend. They look great on my bed-lined grill and white Jeep. Pics to follow.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

How did you guys do the taillight lenses? i unscrewed the four screws to the light housing, but didnt see how i could pop off just the lenses? Is it possible or is everyone just masking off everything then painting? Thanks
Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Avid Hunter
How did you guys do the taillight lenses? i unscrewed the four screws to the light housing, but didnt see how i could pop off just the lenses? Is it possible or is everyone just masking off everything then painting? Thanks
Masked it all off. The lenses are attached, can't be removed really
Old 01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Well guys I have already done my front turn signals and will be attempting my side markers and all 3 brake lights over the weekend. I will have pix up when I am done on Sunday most likely so they will be able to hav ea whole night to cure.

Does anyone know if the brake light lenses can actually be removed from the housing or are the glued onto them?
Old 01-01-2010, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

BTW I noticed alot of people asking how to remove the side marker lights (muself wondering also) and I went to where someone stated before to find the PDF to install the Euro gaurds and it estimated about 1 hr to remove and reinstall ... below is the link to the PDF

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/92421.pdf
Old 01-02-2010, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Ok so to continue on with the removal of the side markers ... I followed the link posted above and it took me maybe ... 8 minutes for both lights to be removed ... I did vary the steps slightly

1. Pop the rivets first (both of them)
2. Slide the inner fender out
3. Press the top most tab down to release it front the fender then push it all the way in through the inner fender
4. Once the top tab clear the fender pull straight down on the entire light housing and it pops right out

Now I washed everything and I am waiting for them to dry before I start masking off the tails!!!

Quick Reply: tinted lights..NITE SHADES..PICS