Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Time for an '07 interior overhaul. Need ideas..

Old 08-14-2013, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I decided to go the carbon fiber route and not make it look "ricer" I can also do door panels in the sewable upholstery carbon fiber composite. Its more subtle, and I can pad areas of the panels for comfort...
Old 08-14-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

I would start by painting the entire interior black and dark gray and see if it makes a difference
Old 08-14-2013, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ripnowell45
I would start by painting the entire interior black and dark gray and see if it makes a difference
That is basically my first instinct is to just do paint with something accenting the trim rings. My wife would love to have me install the newer interior, dash and all, in the two tone black and saddle. I think that would be pretty nice, but again, it just looked like it wasn't going to be a straight forward take out the old, install the new. Getting into trying to figure out wiring is a little daunting.

I just figured with the interior coming out for stereo install and interior paint anyway, I wanted to explore what more adventurous modifications others had done.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I haven't really decided exactly which way I'm going with this. But since I am rained out of work, I brought the Heep into the shop and disassembled the dash and console to see where stereo stuff can fit. While I am in there I am making molds for the dash bezels and the entire center console, as well as the A-pillar plastic. I think I'm going to play with some carbon fiber and Hexcel Texalium and my new vacuum bagging set up and see what i can make.......

As my wife says "Boredom and a complete shop can be a dangerous thing....."
Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Davesrb
Well, I haven't really decided exactly which way I'm going with this. But since I am rained out of work, I brought the Heep into the shop and disassembled the dash and console to see where stereo stuff can fit. While I am in there I am making molds for the dash bezels and the entire center console, as well as the A-pillar plastic. I think I'm going to play with some carbon fiber and Hexcel Texalium and my new vacuum bagging set up and see what i can make.......

As my wife says "Boredom and a complete shop can be a dangerous thing....."
Your own shop? I'm Jelly! Lol I'm going to freshen up my jk interior aka Coverking seat covers lol. Should look nice. They're on sale for 236 shipped front and rear
Old 08-17-2013, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amick218
Your own shop? I'm Jelly! Lol I'm going to freshen up my jk interior aka Coverking seat covers lol. Should look nice. They're on sale for 236 shipped front and rear
Yeah, Its been a bucket list thing of mine for a long time. Kind of happened by a weird bunch of random events. The unfinished downstairs of my house held my automotive tools and some woodworking and boatbuilding tools. When my Dads Parkinson's got too bad for him to take care of himself, we were going to build a 20x20 workshop for my tools so we could make an apartment for him down stairs.. Well, my wife and Dad did what they do best: spend my money! And I came back into town to this:

A 32x60 new shop. Just when it seemed like I was set with lots of room for my stuff, my brother got divorced and sold his house. He said "I'm bringing a trailer down full of tools you can have, because I'm not building a new shop." He shows up with a 2 car Racecar trailer loaded down. A complete machine shop with Bridgeport milling machine, metal lathe, plasma cutter, 2 phase power inverter, and all his gunsmithing tools. So now I have almost no wall space left...

Not complaining! Its definitely more than I ever expected to have...

Last edited by Davesrb; 08-17-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Add a flatscreen and a fridge and you have yourself an epic mancave
Old 08-17-2013, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Davesrb

Yeah, Its been a bucket list thing of mine for a long time. Kind of happened by a weird bunch of random events. The unfinished downstairs of my house held my automotive tools and some woodworking and boatbuilding tools. When my Dads Parkinson's got too bad for him to take care of himself, we were going to build a 20x20 workshop for my tools so we could make an apartment for him down stairs.. Well, my wife and Dad did what they do best: spend my money! And I came back into town to this:

A 32x60 new shop. Just when it seemed like I was set with lots of room for my stuff, my brother got divorced and sold his house. He said "I'm bringing a trailer down full of tools you can have, because I'm not building a new shop." He shows up with a 2 car Racecar trailer loaded down. A complete machine shop with Bridgeport milling machine, metal lathe, plasma cutter, 2 phase power inverter, and all his gunsmithing tools. So now I have almost no wall space left...

Not complaining! Its definitely more than I ever expected to have...
Wow! That's something I can only dream of having! Lol it looks amazing in there

Last edited by amick218; 08-17-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Those CLC canoes? Or from scratch? I built one of their 12' ones great boats!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wanabxtrm
Those CLC canoes? Or from scratch? I built one of their 12' ones great boats!
These are home made lapstrake, modified from some plans I bought years ago. I haven't built a CLC yet, but I have the plans for the Nymph and some paddle boards.

Quick Reply: Time for an '07 interior overhaul. Need ideas..