Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Time for an '07 interior overhaul. Need ideas..

Old 08-11-2013, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for an '07 interior overhaul. Need ideas..

Ok, my '07 Sahara has come a long way from stock, and I love the exterior. The interior however is looking pretty beat up. the carpet went in favor of berliner. The seats got trashed, so on came the Katskinz's. the roll bar covers turned purple, so I am dying them now. But the interior plastics are all faded out to different colors. And since I am about to do a complete stereo rip out and install, with fiberglass pods on the A-pilars for components and kick pods for mid/ woofers, I want to do something with the interior.

i looked at installing a new style interior, but honestly thats going to be more involved than i have time for. I can always just re stain and paint the interior to the original grey's or black. But since I'm going to rip it all out for that anyway, i figured i would see what others might have done or seen done.

Has anyone wrapped the interior with 3M Carbon Fiber, Brushed Stainless, or other? Anyone done door panels in vinyl or leather? Installed different center consoles from other vehicles or later model Jeeps?

Any and all Idea's welcome, especially with pictures!!

Hers where I am now...

Old 08-11-2013, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow! I guess other than the painting a/c vent rings, this isn't much of an issue for many.

Oh yeah, a cage install is in the works.....
Old 08-11-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hello from, Destin.....Nice jeep....
Old 08-11-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Subd lol not sure what you should do. Maybe some ptm work?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Some half doors would freshen up the door panels. Krylon fusion paint is designed for plastic if you go that route.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-11-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Shag carpet,lace around the windows
Old 08-11-2013, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by familytime
Shag carpet,lace around the windows
My daughters are way ahead of you. The 5 year old wants pink fur and a glitter dash treatment.

The 12 year old wants me to build in a 35 inch tv to the back of the front seats and hook up satellite.

The wife suggested a gas grill and a pony keg cooler in the back.......

My Dad says f*ck the interior! Stick a 429 SCJ in it and hit the road...Pop never was subtle...
Old 08-11-2013, 07:28 PM
JK Junkie

I read about one guy on here that put in the new Center Console for his Automatic. That would freshen up a bit and be nice.

For the plastic interiors of the doors, a leather wrap matching the seats would go neatly.

I believe Tuffy has a complete Center Console as well, could go that route and attach the matching leather to it.

And of course Paint to Match the best color Jeep produced all the plastic trim and dash.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delux2769
I read about one guy on here that put in the new Center Console for his Automatic. That would freshen up a bit and be nice.

For the plastic interiors of the doors, a leather wrap matching the seats would go neatly.

I believe Tuffy has a complete Center Console as well, could go that route and attach the matching leather to it.

And of course Paint to Match the best color Jeep produced all the plastic trim and dash.
Yeah, that is what I am trying to find pictures of. I keep hearing that some one has done this, but never find the pictures to see how it looks. Can you link any pictures or threads??
Old 08-13-2013, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know some where on here I saw some pictures of some Jeep interiors on some show vehicles that were pretty cool. I can't seem to find any of them now? Anybody remember where they are?

Quick Reply: Time for an '07 interior overhaul. Need ideas..