Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TimberWolf's Lift and rack

Old 08-23-2009, 04:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TimberWolf's Lift and rack

Over the last two weeks I helped a buddy, TimberWolf, install a Gobi rack and today an OME 2" lift and Air Lift 1000 air springs. No install pics, but here is a few of the finished product,
he is still deciding on wheels and tires. He got about 3" total from the lift.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

That Jeep looks really good!! I like the rack too

Ok, here are the questions:

I'm deciding if I should pull the trigger on getting a Teraflex coil lift with OME HD springs, but I won't be able to purchase any new larger tires to accommodate the higher stance anytime soon. The look of the Jeep without larger tires looks a little awkward, but its not too bad. Seems to be unsafe too, easier to tip over?

What do you guys think? Should I just go ahead and get the lift and wait a year to buy new tires, or just wait a year altogether and get the whole package at once? A certain family member is politely forcing me to wait a year until my crappy SR-As are worn down to buy new larger tires....

I am allowed to get a lift but no tires?? Maybe she knows that the Jeep will look funny with the lift and without larger tires, and knows that I probably won't buy it because of that. So, any advice or thoughts? Thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Looking good dude!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by e0987c5t3
That Jeep looks really good!! I like the rack too

Ok, here are the questions:

I'm deciding if I should pull the trigger on getting a Teraflex coil lift with OME HD springs, but I won't be able to purchase any new larger tires to accommodate the higher stance anytime soon. The look of the Jeep without larger tires looks a little awkward, but its not too bad. Seems to be unsafe too, easier to tip over?

What do you guys think? Should I just go ahead and get the lift and wait a year to buy new tires, or just wait a year altogether and get the whole package at once? A certain family member is politely forcing me to wait a year until my crappy SR-As are worn down to buy new larger tires....

I am allowed to get a lift but no tires?? Maybe she knows that the Jeep will look funny with the lift and without larger tires, and knows that I probably won't buy it because of that. So, any advice or thoughts? Thanks
I say get the lift you want and maybe some wheel spacers to widen out the stance and you should be good until you get the new tires.

Originally Posted by MBATF
Looking good dude!!!!
Thanks. It just happens he ordered the Gobi from you.

Last edited by Robar; 08-23-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Thanks. It just happens he ordered the Gobi from you.
Thank you so much for that every little bit of effort helps out a lot for a ultra small business like me.

Thanks once again!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Rack looks great I like that ladder on the back.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

I gotta say that rack is really nice and the added height on the rig looks good to.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd love one of those, but I wouldn't be able to fit in my garage anymore.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the set-up. I want this rack but wonder if it will work with the AEV snorkel. Maybe someone can chime in.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That rack is so nice.

Quick Reply: TimberWolf's Lift and rack