Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

For those of you who wash..

Old 07-18-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teebes210
Anyone steam clean the seats? I have some grease stains from a guy work with and am thinking of steaming it out.
I have used spot shot on my seats and it worked very well on the stain.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man I hate Armor All!!!
Especially on tires.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Wow

I bought my jk memorial weekend and have only wahsed it once since. dirt and dust doesnt bother me. but when i did wash it took maybe 30 mins. but i do have 5 vehicles and the jk is 2nd to last on the priority list.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every week to 10 days, depending upon how muddy it is, or how much time I have. Typically takes about 90 minutes to wash, dry, and treat the plastics. I wax it four or five times each year. I usually give a multi-coat wax job in November, in anticipation of not being able to wash it on a consistent basis during the winter. Often, it's simply too cold.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

During the spring summer and fall i try to wash the Jeep at least once every two weeks.
On a quick spray and soak, it will take me about 30 minutes.
When i go all out, washing can take up to about 3-4 hours.
During an all out wash, i simply wash the outside, the flares, the wheels, and tires, spray and hose off the undercarriage, brakes, and then hose out the frame, along with any other place i see more mud. I also wipe down the interior and vaccuum everything.
When i'm done the Jeep always looks great. Even though i wheel my Jeep alot, i love to make it look nice. I think i do too good of a job on it sometimes because people assume it's a pavement princess. i just laugh

Old 07-18-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love making my jeep look purty!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002..jpg
Views:	65
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	77374  
Old 07-18-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

30 minutes to wash and another 2 hours to suck out all the dog hair!

You guys doin the Zaino, my hats off to you it's a lot of work. Decided right away that Zaino was too much for me on this vehicle so use my second favorite Klasse. Not near the shine but lots less work.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought mine the end of February and its had one official washing since then. I dont really count knocking the mud off of it as a wash. Washing to me is like the TS said, a full on detail, wax etc.

I need to wash it again, and I will...eventually.

People say, "Geez, take some pride in ownership, wash it!" I reply, "It's a Jeep, it's supposed to be dirty."

Quick Reply: For those of you who wash..