Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

For those of you who wash..

Old 06-13-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Zaino Bros. Polish, and that stuff is awesome! It does take about 4-6 hours but its cool...I only do this about one time a month!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

I never "detail" mine... the interior always gets just a quick dust, I'm not in there with toothbrushes or vent brushes or anything...

Even so, to do a handwash, wax as u dry, clean the interior up a tad, and wheels/tires usually takes me a good 2 hours or so... I usually end up putting jet black or something on the fenders, rear stock bumper, etc. b/c the mudstains from Rausch last months if you don't...

Your rig is looking good though!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

i wash mine every sunday morning while my ol lady sleeps in and makes me breakfast i dont really know how long it takes me i just clean till i get tired or im done i start with the exterior and work my way in, my 2 dr with no back seat, only a custom trunk box, makes it pretty easy to detail. i try and once a month give her a good layer of wax, heavyer in the hunting season to protect against some brush thrashing.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

my JK only comes out on weekends, but she never goes back in the garage dirty
Old 06-13-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably spend 3-4 hours a week cleaning it. Have two collies so the I have to keep on top of the hair ! I only do it at work (paramedic) or the wife complains. I make sure to wax it once a month with a good finishing wax to keep it looking nice as it is my DD.

In the winter months the under carriage gets hosed / rinsed out every 3rd day @ work and left to dry inside.

I am a firm believer in taking care of my vehicles. When we traded my wifes F150 in on another truck, we got more on trade than we paid when we initally bought it (was used) because we took great care of it. The thing was spotless.

Last edited by jeepmedic; 06-13-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Just got mine last Tuesday. Still haven't washed it yet. However, I will take it to the car wash and have them do it. I will do it every other week. My time is too valuable to me to be spending too much time washing a car! My Scrambler never goes to the car wash. It hardly ever gets washed; then only after a weekend trip in the desert. I just hose it off every month, do the windows and that's good enough. It sits outside all the time. The JK will be in the garage which helps on the dust.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Yeah, I tend to wash mine once a week and use lots of meguiars products on it. Keeps it clean. Not that there is anything wrong with a dirty Jeep. You just wont see my Jeep stay dirty...

Old 06-13-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brsnapp
WASH? I never heard of that!
Yet you have a spotless JK driveway shot as your avatar?

Anyway... how do yall clean your interior? I have dirt that seems to be engraved into the carpet and seats.... Would the seats dry alright if I just pressure washed everything?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

What are the best cleaning products or what do you use to clean your jeep? Got my first jeep almost 2 weeks ago, it's mango tango and I want to keep it spotless at least until the newness wears off...

Lets do it this way...

Exterior-

Windows=
Bumper, Plastic Etc=
Metal, Fiberglass Etc=
Soft Top=
Soft Top Windows=
Hard top=
Tires=
Etc=

Interior-

Dashboard=
Carpet=
Etc=

Last edited by trumayhem; 06-13-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone steam clean the seats? I have some grease stains from a guy work with and am thinking of steaming it out.

Quick Reply: For those of you who wash..