Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

For those of you who wash..

Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the way it looks clean, but I'm fat, old and lazy! It usually gets a quick wash, vacuum and dusting. Then the dogs shed in it, the kid spills his slushy and mud gets flung....
Old 06-11-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Takes me a good 2 to 3 hours, i do an outside wash. after it all dries, i armor all the rims, tires, bumpers, and steps. then i go under and put grease on various joints and bolts just to keep them from exposure.

its a little time consuming but i think its worth it in the end, cuz like the OP said..."i like it to look good when its on the street"
Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the winter time with the salt on the roads I wash it like 3-4 times a week at the do it yourself car wash, just to rinse the salt off. I do a really good wash, wax and detail once in the spring and the fall. During the summer i wash the mud off whenever it gets to the point where mud chunks are falling on my black top driveway.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryanc
I take forever too. When I do Zaino, it takes all day.
I usually take about 3-4 hours when I Zaino it. Usual wash takes about an hour and a half. I have learned to keep pace and work fast while detailing because I used to have to Zaino and entire Chevy Tahoe with a full painted interior it was my show truck and that thing took uppers of 7-8 hours plus to detail and I am more than thankful that I don't have to wax and clay a softtop!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

i've had mine for over a year and i think i washed it like 4 times. there is no point i wheel almost every weekend on pretty harsh trails i've got no clear coat left so when i wash it it looks worst then dirty. sometimes to make it down a trail you got to take the body damage,which i have
Old 06-11-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silentfro
...sometimes to make it down a trail you got to take the body damage...
Very true. I've already torn my driver's rear fender off and the other three have so many scratches on them. The only thing I could do about the scratches is the fender chop.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

WASH? I never heard of that!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

i do a full wash and detail once a week inside and out,rims/tires takes about 2 -3 hours

give the seats and stearing wheel a good cleaning once a month takes 30 min or so

i do the dash all the time i keep a micro fibre cloth and some mothers fx spray in the jeep just for the inside plastic
Old 06-12-2010, 11:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I take my powerwasher to it once a week.

I do the body and underneath.

The inside is easy. Doors off, top down, get it up to 55+ on the highway and tada, all set.

I have owned many black vehicles before this one, but it's a Jeep and according to my 4 year old son, we MUST hit every puddle or mud patch we see

I guess I just accepted that it was a Jeep when I bought it and the quick powerwash was as good as it was gonna get
Old 06-13-2010, 12:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice work boys... way to protect your investment.

I spend WAY too much time on my Jeep. I get Anal as hell about it. It might as well be an Enzo. I use only micro fiber fabrics on it, I use the bucket with the spacer screen in the bottom so the all the junk goes to the bottom and not back on my cloth. I NEVER EVER use the brush at the car wash!!!! You never know how many flakes of rust are in that brush from the beat up rusted out old Mustang that was in before you.

Waxing:

I've found that the easier it is to wipe off the wax after it's dry, the faster it weathers off. I use the can that comes with the sponge.(sp?) Lord it is the biggest pain to get off but damn if it lasts for ever!

Quick Reply: For those of you who wash..