Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

For those of you who wash..

Old 06-11-2010, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you who wash..

Just curious about those of you who wash your Jeeps. It seems that everytime I wash my beloved vehicle it takes between 3-4 hours. Now with that being said, I wash it, do the interior, and detail it every time. She is my daily driver and I like it to look good when it's on the street. I know a lot of you never wash your Jeeps, but how long does it take the rest of you?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wash my Jeep after driving it in the rain, or once a week, which ever comes first. I also wash it once I get home from an offroad trip. I DD my JK and paid alot of cash for it, so I like to keep it looking nice and shiny on the outside, and keep the undercarriage clean as well. I recently ground all the rust off the axles and suspension and painted everything with duplicolor spray on truck bed coating. Looks nice now. Only thing scraped up under there is skid plates. Touch up will be easy after offroad trips. I have no problem wheeling the piss out of my JK, but I don't want it to look like I wheel the piss out of it. I prefer to take great care of my vehicles so the paint looks good for a long time to come.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live pretty close to trails and living in Santa Clarita Valley where dust blows every once in a while, it doesn't stay clean very long for me. When I first got my JK, I used to average about 2-3 hour cleaning sessions. I also stopped cleaning my fenders when they were getting all scratched up and that cut my cleaning time down. Once I stopped using Armor All, my cleaning times went down to about 2 hours. I'm probably down to about 2-3 times a month.

Last edited by JPSquad; 06-11-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

I live on a dirt road so, mine too, doesn't stay clean for long. Sometimes I take the leaf blower to it and clean it that way.
If I just wash and detail, it's 1-2 hours. Last week I clayed it and did the Klasse sealer plus everything else. That was a 3-4 hour session. I will usually put my Ipod on and then the time just flies by.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Takes me as long as I have quarters. When I first got it I cleaned it about every week, becuase I took it on some kind of trail, even if I never put it in 4wd, I was on a trail. With the top down, amorall really attracts dirt. So now, I spray her down in the summer. And then give it a good cleaning when the hard top goes on, then it takes about 2-3 hours. And then it look sgood until it snows.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I normally only wash it after a wheeling trip or if i'm really bored on the weekend. I tend to take my time washing her. The processes very's from how much trash is hung up in my skids/frame. The body takes no time at all. I took my time about 2 months ago and waxed her to help prevent/ protect my deep scratches on my doors. And most of the mud and street grunge hoses off. I also put some sabor seal on my fenders to help stop them from fading I think its a stone protector/ polish thing my neighbor is a mason and said to try it lol
Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

i have washed mine three or four times. it is a PITA. takes a couple hours and still looks like crap.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

WOW.
I must not be as dedicated as most of you. I use a brush on a handle to wash it with, dry it with a chamois, vacuum it out, wipe down the interior, do the glass inside and out, all inside an hour.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

I'll spend 5 hours every other month...It's a huge PITA with my lift and lack of rock sliders as steps. The interior is usually a lot worse off - I still have mud crusted into all my roll bar insulation, and the freedom top, and inside the windshield...pretty much mud everywhere.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I take forever too. When I do Zaino, it takes all day.

Quick Reply: For those of you who wash..