Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Third or Fourth Brake Light

Old 05-01-2010, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Third or Fourth Brake Light

I am so tried of people tailgating my Jeep. Or trying to pass me only after I put my turn signal on to change lanes, wanting to get pass me before it can. Getting rear ended by one of these nuts is also one of my concerns. So when I saw a fellow forum member post a photo of their new third brake light mounted on the top of their hardtop, it went on my short to do list. Just to give credit were credit is due, here's that thread. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...rear&highlight This is not only a bright brake light, but also a turn signal and a running light at night. Some of you I am sure will not like the look, but for me it's a safety issue. So now when I hit the brake I have four lights, they should know I am slowing down. And when I signal a lane change it means moving over NOW, no passing allowed. I think the running light feature is a plus also, here some pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	slimline15ID_brake03..jpg
Views:	79
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	64176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brake-Light..jpg
Views:	93
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	64177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brake-Light2..jpg
Views:	78
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	64178   Click image for larger version

Name:	slimline15ID_brake04..jpg
Views:	78
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	64179   Click image for larger version

Name:	slimline15ID_brake02..jpg
Views:	79
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	64180  

Old 05-01-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

The "running lights" are the three light identification of tractor trailers. Big trucks are required to have them on their trailers.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

very cool, i like it, how hard was it to wire everything all up?
Old 05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

It wires the same as a trailer light harness, the same color code. Being I already had a trailer harness installed, I just taped into that. Behind the drivers side rear tail light, used Scotch locks to tap into the trailer wires.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome!! I actually ordered one tonight myself to mount on my tailgate (no spare).

Quick Reply: Third or Fourth Brake Light