Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Thinking of painting the JK feeler thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I love the retro look, though if a guy were to actually pull the trigger on a paint scheme like that, a change of wheels would be mandatory. White spokers baby, now THAT would be the total package!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
Squirt a little bit of the orange to see if I like the color. Like I said it's free. Why not?!
CLACKEY - Did you paint anything else other than the hood? how does it look out in the sun...
Old 07-10-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi

I love the white spokes.... even owned them before... but If I go that route, I am gonna run the old school black punch holes. I think with black bumpers and black hard top it will be king.

EDIT: I know it isn't traditional, but my budget is tight so I would likely have to powdercoat those wheels black. ORE did a set of wheels exactly like mine powdercoated black with a real beadlock ring on them also black. I think I would maybe do that. Even though it is not retro I think it would look ok and keep me from buying wheels and tires. lol.

Last edited by bigbluejk; 07-10-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joepile
oh true that

SOMEONE PHOTOSHOP THE WHITE SPOKES IN!!!!!!!
(sorry for the demanding caps i just dont have or know how to use photo shop)
To really do the retro look justice, merely Photoshopping the hoops white won't do the trick. Those large diameter wheels would have to go in favor of some 15s IMO, perhaps a "white Soft 8" (and new rubber of course).
Old 07-10-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Jedi

Man that paint looks so good. I cannot stop coming back to this thread and staring at it. I absolutely love it.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Jedi

I had a nissan 300zx I had a vielside kit on and it painted lambo orange back in the day. No lambo-doors or anything silly like that (this was before every d-bag on the planet that saw "the fast and the furious" and thought their honda is a race car. It was real close to the color in this photo:

I think the clackey-mobile would look amazing solid that color with a full cage , and tube fenders all painted to match. Is that the same color orange and just look different in the 2 photos?
Old 07-10-2009, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

here are some white spokes for fun...

Old 07-10-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toddjb
CLACKEY - Did you paint anything else other than the hood? how does it look out in the sun...
We have only put the first layer of orange. It will get another layer today and then the pearl will go on next. Then the clear. This is an extra hood that I have so I an only doing the hood right now. I'll put it on to see if I like it.

Thanks for all of your help with the photoshop.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can't wait to see the finished product. I think it's going to look superbad.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by toddjb
here are some white spokes for fun...

omg that is crazy badass. I fookin love that. You the man

Quick Reply: Thinking of painting the JK feeler thread