Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

They have arrived

Old 10-05-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to do this to mine so so bad but I am afraid it will look funny on my stock SRAs. I have the 17 rims so it might not look that bad. I think the 4 doors actually look better stock after the lift.

I thought this was a tough job myself, but actually looking at the pictures here, heck...I might can do that with a few of my friends tools.

edit: spelling
Old 10-05-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

on the sway bar bolts........isnt one of those supposed to face the other way for that reason??

i have seen others that way, maybe this kit is different though.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jekyll2000
Do you have an automatic or a manual transmission. Any problems with the body lift?

TW
No probs at all and its auto.

Originally Posted by texmexjeeper
on the sway bar bolts........isnt one of those supposed to face the other way for that reason??

i have seen others that way, maybe this kit is different though.
Yea we ended up switching the bolts around and they still hit.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Looks very nice can not wait to see the 35 on
Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Trim the fenders and bumper...then get some 37" on it

Glad to ses that thing finally grow up a bit!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Looking good Kid!

Can't wait til I'm helping my son build his JEEP, just a few years away!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
It really isn't as hard as you might think.
If you can change a tire, you can install spacers.
The body lift is removing a few bolts, putting in a puck and a longer bolt, and tightening it all back down.
Shocks are just two bolts each. The BB is slightly more involved, but it really is NOT hard to do.
I am lucky enough to have a compressor & some air tools to make things go easier, but all of this could be done with normal tools, just need some more elbow grease and a cheater bar.

A decent height jack and a few assorted sockets/wrenches, a torque wrench & a hammer is all you really need.

If you are uncomfortable doing so, by all means seek help, but once you see it all done once, you'll likely wonder why you didn't just do it yourself.
X2 on that! My REBB was put on by a shop and I was like,uh I coulda did that! Did my 4in lift, Bodylift , zenons, ect. I had really forgot how much I enjoyed working on jeeps( got into the take it shop and let someone else deal with the vehicle after getting rid of my CJ's. Wasn't familiar with coil springs, control arms and such. After spending 17hrs under my jk on the 4in lift, I got to know it intimatelyBut I did take my time and went through several beers. Could probably do the same lift in 4or5 hrs now. Do it yourself and you'll have the tools for future mods and helpin jeep buddies!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PLUS: you will know and understand more about how the suspension works. Then if something begins acting funny, you may not know how to fix it, but you'll have a clue, and not be at the mercy of some less than honest mechanic somewhere. I know my dealership cringes (i have visibly seen the service manager do it) when i walk in there. They know they cant bullshit me very easily. (unless they find a pro-bullshitter). I have watched them do it to people, usually women. They aren't exactly lying, but they are pretty vague on the truth. I have never seen them charge for something unneeded, but i HAVE seen a lot of questionable charges that i know they wouldn't try to pull over on me.

Per example, I was standing there when they where itemizing a bill for a lady picking up her van. I was about 3ft away listening, and when the service weenie started to "explain" a charge to her, and saw me staring directly at him, he fiddled with the keyboard, reprinted the bill and let her know he wasn't going to charge her for it "dealership goodwill" and a total line of BS after that. I have no doubt if i hadn't been standing there, she would have been charged for it.

I don't know what happened to her van, so I cant say for sure, but this was a just a few months ago, and the Van was an '07, and for the life of me i have never seen an '07 vehicle that needed upper & lower radiator hoses, a radiator flush, and a new belt.

unless it was hit by a train.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K guys. This thread was started ages ago. Tires finally came in and are on the JK. Heres some posers and some action shots! Hope you guys like it all. Got everything through Dave at Alpha Expedition. Make sure to talk to him if you are lookin into getting something for your JK. dtung@alphaexpedition.com. Also Thanks to Toad who has been a great help and just a phone call away when something goes wrong and I have questions. Thanks to Andrew for the great action shots. I forgot my SD card on the run last weekend... I'm plannin on getting a Gibson exhaust and RR modular bumper soon.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

heythat is looking sharp

Quick Reply: They have arrived