Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Thanks MBRP

Old 04-16-2009, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the 4-door relo kit, it is great and sounds good. Their customer service is top notch too
Old 04-16-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree, MBRP's customer service is great.

I had a Banks Monster Exhaust installed and had a couple of issues with it. Nothing major but Banks would'nt even talk to me about them.

So I contacted Steve from MBRP....

They brought a Stainless Steel exhaust kit to Moab, and the JK Jam for me, and did an install right their in the sand.

Great bunch of guy's.

Last edited by boots; 04-16-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Steve Young
O.K. - got it thanks. I'm a bit reluctant to do any drilling to relocate if I can avoid it (need to do some more research to see if that is possible with either of the kits). If not I'll just have to get over it I guess.

Steve
It's really minor drilling. I will post up this weekend with a link in this thread after I get the Woods relocation done.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I probably have to get over mydrilling phobia - it's not about making the hole so much but more that I grew up in the U.K. and anything (stone chip or drill bit etc) that made a hole in the paint or uncercarriage protection ended up rusting out pretty quickly. I think modern vehiclesare better protected but then (70's vehicles) even if you protected the hole with paint or grease etc, it always seemed to rot.

Of course now I leave in California with my Jeep (and my wife) so the whole "don't want to drill" mentality is probably totally irrelevant.

Just before I saw your post, I ordered a relo kit so I'll fit that next week when it comes in and then I'll be ready to go when Northridge gets the new MRBP pipes in and starts shipping.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Steve Young
I probably have to get over mydrilling phobia - it's not about making the hole so much but more that I grew up in the U.K. and anything (stone chip or drill bit etc) that made a hole in the paint or uncercarriage protection ended up rusting out pretty quickly. I think modern vehiclesare better protected but then (70's vehicles) even if you protected the hole with paint or grease etc, it always seemed to rot.

Of course now I leave in California with my Jeep (and my wife) so the whole "don't want to drill" mentality is probably totally irrelevant.

Just before I saw your post, I ordered a relo kit so I'll fit that next week when it comes in and then I'll be ready to go when Northridge gets the new MRBP pipes in and starts shipping.
Are you sure your names not Thomas?

Doubting Thomas?

Things rust in Calif, beach salt, mountain salt after the snow, smog oxidation and so on. So just buy some rustoleum undercoat or similar. Treat it properly and it will last. If your not sure then just treat it properly and inspect daily. Get one of those Bomb inspection mirrors so you won't have to get dirty.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CIJeep
Are you sure your names not Thomas?

Doubting Thomas?

Things rust in Calif, beach salt, mountain salt after the snow, smog oxidation and so on. So just buy some rustoleum undercoat or similar. Treat it properly and it will last. If your not sure then just treat it properly and inspect daily. Get one of those Bomb inspection mirrors so you won't have to get dirty.
Point taken - I'll update on the install when I get to it. I just reread the thread and realized that I misread the first time - looks like Northridge do actually have the pipe sin so I'll give them a call.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
Give me a call if you need any help when ordering an exhaust...we have a few people who will be selling these products for us but I can help you have any questions.

My toll free number is 1-888-636-7223 ext. 202

Steve
thanks steve, will do.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking for some help here. I am almost done installing this exhaust on my 4dr. Then i got to the 3rd piece of pipe to install. It appears to me that MBRP sent the wrong piece. This piece is only about 1/4 as long as it needs to be.

The label says 4 dr.

I am sure MBRP will fix this mis-hap for me come monday but can i possibly drive this without the last 2 pieces installed? I have no interest spending all night re-installing the old one. I gots to get to work somehow. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure you can drive without the end pieces. It probably just won't pass a smog check or something. Think about doing the same with my system just 'cause.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone with experience with both the relocate kit and the standard catback tell me if there is a difference in "cabin" noise levels between the two. I like the idea of the relocate kit, but I don't want anything louder inside than it has to be and I'd think the standard catback would be quieter given that the muffler is at the back of the vehicle. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on it and crush it but I'll take my chances if there's going to be a significant difference in the noise levels.

I've had a couple of vehicles that had much louder exhausts than I expected and I'm trying to do my research and avoid doing this again. Especially, since my fiance hated the exhaust on the XJ I had when we started dating and if its too loud she'll start paying more attention to the mods I do to my JK and the money I've been spending on it. So far she's been looking the other way.

Quick Reply: Thanks MBRP