Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Thanks Clayton

Old 07-11-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firstly Hoopa70, very nice Jeep!

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
I am trying to decide between 3.5 and 4.5 for 35" tires, your rig is exactly the look I'm going for and was trying to decide between Currie and Clayton, looks like I might finally have my decision
The 3.5" lift can easily accommodate 35" tires and will keep your centre of gravity nice'n low and makes for fewer potential suspension issues!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Looks great!

How is the ride? Did you change the front driveshaft? What gears do you have?

Sorry for all the questions but I am about to purchase a lift and although I hadn't considered this system before; I am now. Congrats! Looks Great!
I love those wheels.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

That turned out great congrats
Old 07-11-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

great looking build congrats!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the kind words guys.. my wife, my kids and of course myself are all pumped by how good it turned out. Driving home from Clayton last night i was getting looks and thumbs up the whole way home, I knew we hit a homerun!
I don't know how to multiquote, so i will try to answer the questions:

fftri: When I got there to pick it up it was still on jack stands. about 10 seconds later, Adam pulled in with the wheels.. it gave me a chance to see the new parts without the wheels but once Adam put the first one on, my son and i just looked at each other and smiled!!

absoluttorque: I think the 3.5 is what you're after. The nice thing about it is if you ever decide to go up to 37's, it's just a matter of changing springs, all the other parts are the same.

ShawnJ: The ride is better than I had expected for a lifted rig. I would say it handles on the road as good as stock, if not possibly better. A little stiffer overall. As far as gearing goes, I am running the stock 3:73 auto on Adam's advice. I was kind of hell bent about going up to 5:13 when i did the lift and i am glad i listened to him and didn't just go for it. I definitely don't feel it is a must do. Around town it is fine, on the highway it is a bit more of a slug uphill, but live-able. I will probably end up changing them out eventually, but for now I plan to spend the money elsewhere. Can you say LoD bumpers? as far as the front drive shaft, again under Adam's advice I left the stock one in. He did remove the skid plate, which i will likely replace with an aftermarket one. I am sure I will have to replace the stocker, but not right away. Again, more money to spend elsewhere.

I hope that helps answer the questions

Quick Reply: Thanks Clayton