Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TF 2.5" Coil Lift and other Mods

Old 08-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiRascal
Neat pic. You're running 16" wheels, what about Sasquatch? Just trying to figure out why your tires appear so dominating next to his KM2s.
You reading this Sasquatch!
This is one of the reasons I went with 16's, there is more tire than wheel and they appear bigger! They are actually the same height, only mine are wider because they are mounted on a wider wheel. Mine are 16"X8.5" and Sasquatch is on the factory 17"X7.5" wheel.
Here they are close together!

[/QUOTE]

Nice pic!!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiRascal
I went with the 2.5" because I wanted to avoid having to do any drive line mods like track bar, control arms..... I like to keep things simple! The original plan was to do the TF budget boost, but when this came out I figured the coils would be a better option.
have you had any problems with your driveshafts?
Old 07-05-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That rubber is growing on me... the more I see 'em the more I'm intrigued. I have no clue why I think of the Flintstones, but they look so rugged I imagine Barney Rubble would have them on his Jeep if he lived in the day of internal combustion and pneumatic tires.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fx4tanner
have you had any problems with your driveshafts?
No problems with shafts. I have nearly 12,000 miles on this set up with no problems!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any rubbing issues with those huge meats?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Skippman
Any rubbing issues with those huge meats?
I had some rubbing on the Rubi rock rails when flexed, I have since replaced them with LoD signature sliders and have had no other rubbing issues.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ
Man I've searched for days for info and pictures on the 2.5" TF lift and your post NEVER came up. You answered almost every question I've had in these 5 pages.

Funny thing is I'm from Baytown too. I lived in Seabrook for a while but the wife and I just moved up to Austin about a month ago. I saw Sasquatch a number of times in passing but never knew he was from the forum. So now I can say I've seen Planman's rig in person and Sasquatch's! LOL

I would have loved to of seen your Jeep in person. That would have really helped me out. If I come back to Seabrook to check on my rent house I'll PM you and maybe I can buy you a beer for your trouble!

I forgot to mention something! I had those Nittos on my Chevy in 35x12.50R20s and they get louder and louder and louder and louder! They start off sounding like you're in an airplane or something and as they wear you'll find yourself trying to make the radio louder. LOL They BELONG on a Jeep, not on a truck.
Just let me know when you will be in the area, I would be happy to talk Jeeps with you!

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" Coil Lift and other Mods