Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TF 2.5" Coil Lift and other Mods

Old 08-24-2008, 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More pics would be great, especially on level ground.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RubiRascal
Originally Posted by sully151
Looks really good. If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose the 2.5 over the 3" Teraflex lift. I am on the fence about which one to get.
I went with the 2.5" because I wanted to avoid having to do any drive line mods like track bar, control arms..... I like to keep things simple! The original plan was to do the TF budget boost, but when this came out I figured the coils would be a better option.
That's the exact reason I'm going for the 2.5" Coil Lift. Yields about 3" total lift, verses the 4" or more of a 3" lift. Tentatively plan to install next weekend. Am contemplating adding a 1/2" spacer, but am terrified that I'm going affect the front end angles too much and end up with the flighty steering, etc., that others have mentioned.

Neat pic. You're running 16" wheels, what about Sasquatch? Just trying to figure out why your tires appear so dominating next to his KM2s.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Neat pic. You're running 16" wheels, what about Sasquatch? Just trying to figure out why your tires appear so dominating next to his KM2s. [/QUOTE]

You reading this Sasquatch!
This is one of the reasons I went with 16's, there is more tire than wheel and they appear bigger! They are actually the same height, only mine are wider because they are mounted on a wider wheel. Mine are 16"X8.5" and Sasquatch is on the factory 17"X7.5" wheel.
Here they are close together!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put this kit on a couple of weeks ago, and I run an Olympic Rescue bumber and winch, it sits pretty good. Not exactly level, but I would try it without the spacers first. This kit is made for extra weight on the front. I'd post a pic, but all I get is that damn red x. You'll love this kit. I do!

Last edited by Hellbilly; 08-27-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

This is one of the reasons I went with 16's, there is more tire than wheel and they appear bigger! They are actually the same height, only mine are wider because they are mounted on a wider wheel. Mine are 16"X8.5" and Sasquatch is on the factory 17"X7.5" wheel.
Yup, that's it - 16's vs 17's. By the way, I think Sasquatch has a very nice JK, but the tire aspect ratio thing is, visually, very apparent with the two vehicles sitting side by side. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Hellbilly
Not exactly level, but I would try it without the spacers first. This kit is made for extra weight on the front.
Thanks for the suggestion, may just do that. How long would you guys estimate it would take to add in the spacers, if at a later time, I decided to go that route?
Old 08-27-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

sorry wrong post
Old 08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got my TF kit installed also, here's poser pic
----ordered and waiting AEV front bumper

Old 08-27-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2kTiM5
Just got my TF kit installed also, here's poser pic
----ordered and waiting AEV front bumper

For some reason I can't see the pic? Would love to see it though.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Huge difference
Old 08-28-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

For some reason I can't see the pic? Would love to see it though.
x2. Anyone seeing this pic?

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" Coil Lift and other Mods