Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TF 2.5" Coil Lift and other Mods

Old 08-20-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiRascal
Height is real close to the same but they do look wider than the KM2's, probably because of the Grappler side wall design!
if you only knew...this drove me freaking nuts...I pulled my rig about 6" up beside his and we gawked and gawked and yes they are the same height, even with his 40 lbs of air the shop put in em, but damn they look freaking huge compared to mine ....talk about frustrating, well he does have 8.5 Vs. my 7.5 rims so his definitely look and are wider....

Here's the bottom line, after seeing these in person, riding in his rig after we installed everything I decided these were next on my list, only in 37s not 35s of course...and 13.5 not 12.5 wide....otherwise same tire. I like the noise they make, like the monster claw design in-between the lugs, like the gator-back sidewall tread option or plain....just an awesome tire
Old 08-20-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=JK-Rubi;647883]Wow! Nice looking JK RubiRascal.

1) Sounds like you went with the TF shocks - newbie here, but are they upside down in this pic? Did they come with the red covers?

The shocks are Shyjacker Nitro 8000's and yes they came with the red boot.

2) Did you take any before and after measurements?

No measurements, really wish I had though.

3) What's the function of this wire? Grounding? Theft deterrent?

The wire is a lanyard that attaches the Rocdog Fab fairlead liscense plate bracket to the bumper so it dosen't get left behind if it comes loose on the trail. I will post a close up pic of the bracket tonight or tomorrow!
Old 08-23-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is what the wire in question goes to! Its from Rocdog Fab!

Old 08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RubiRascal
This is what the wire in question goes to! Its from Rocdog Fab!
Neat!! Thanks for the pics.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

So to sum things up, you didn't use any adjustable track bars, your alignment is still good. How does it track on the road? Does it go straight, pull to either side, any flighty steering? I have the OME now, and have had issues with the flighty steering, and it pulls to the right, even after several alignments and upper control arms
Old 08-23-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
So to sum things up, you didn't use any adjustable track bars, your alignment is still good. How does it track on the road? Does it go straight, pull to either side, any flighty steering? I have the OME now, and have had issues with the flighty steering, and it pulls to the right, even after several alignments and upper control arms
Correct, no adjustable track bars, just the rear relocation bracket. No steering issues at all. Tracks straight on the highway, no pulling while driving or braking. Not any more flighty than it was as stock!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the quick response. Great information.

One more question, it's kinda hard to tell in the picture, but does the Jeep sit level now, or is there still a bit of front rake?

Edit: I just re read all 3 pages and see you also used a front spacer.
Well we gambled a little and installed Teraflex 1" spacers on the front. With the bumper and winch added it has the stance I was looking for!
So it leveled it out than? Any more pictures?

Last edited by njjeepthing; 08-23-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
Thanks for the quick response. Great information.

One more question, it's kinda hard to tell in the picture, but does the Jeep sit level now, or is there still a bit of front rake?

Edit: I just re read all 3 pages and see you also used a front spacer.

So it leveled it out than? Any more pictures?
In the pic you referenced the front tires are sitting on a slight down slope.
I don't have any pics on flat level ground, here are two in Sasquatch's driveway, which has quite a bit of slope, notice my rock rails are parallel to the edge of the grass.
It sits pretty level with the 1" spacers in place. If it will help, I can shoot a pic tomorrow on flat ground and post it.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks really good. If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose the 2.5 over the 3" Teraflex lift. I am on the fence about which one to get.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sully151
Looks really good. If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose the 2.5 over the 3" Teraflex lift. I am on the fence about which one to get.
I went with the 2.5" because I wanted to avoid having to do any drive line mods like track bar, control arms..... I like to keep things simple! The original plan was to do the TF budget boost, but when this came out I figured the coils would be a better option.

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" Coil Lift and other Mods