Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TF 2.5" BB vs. TF 2.5" Lift kit

Old 10-09-2009, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the coils are the way to go. But one thing no one has mentioned yet thta you should keep in mind is that you will need adjustable trackbars which I do not believe are included in the TF kit. From my experience the TF coil lifts always give you more lift than what is advertised and after 2.5" you will need to re-center your axels. But when all is said and done...the coil lift will keep you happier much longer so spend the money initially and do it right.

Aaron
Old 10-09-2009, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that coils are winning so I thought I would throw my BB vote in the ring. I have an 04 TJ with a 4 inch RE lift and I have a 07 JK Rubicon with a BB lift on it. It all depends on what you plan on doing. If you are going to upgrade then bite the bullet and spend the extra cash now but if you want a cheap way to make you JK look good, go with the BB. I take mine off road every once in a while so the BB is good enough for me. I got the rough coutry 2.5 BB and my JK is level. I think it is on sale now for like $139.99

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" BB vs. TF 2.5" Lift kit