Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex Tech: HD Hinged Carrier and Adjustable Spare Tire Mount

Old 09-09-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by masterd78
Just installed mine and it's great! Very solid setup. As for the accessories, I saw one of teraflex's jeeps and it had the hi-lift mounted vertically with a rotopax on the same side. Looked really nice!
Where'd you see that at? Any pics?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BossHog
Where'd you see that at? Any pics?
Yeah I'm curious as well, be nice to see what TF's general idea is for these mounts
Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I saw it at Teraflex. I didn't get any pics of it though sorry. The hi-lift was mounted on the passenger side vertically, and the rotopax was mounted off of the hi lift mount it looked like further out. So if you looked at the jeep from the side you would see the rotopax with the hi lift behind it.
Honestly, it looked really good and seemed well thought out. It would be cool if somehow they made an attachment that replaced the two metal spacers on the driver side that go under the tire mount. That way you could possibly run rotopax on the drivers side also. I was just brainstorming about how to make it more functional.
Hope that makes sense. I might be back down to Teraflex soon and I could shoot a pic or two.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by masterd78
I saw it at Teraflex. I didn't get any pics of it though sorry. The hi-lift was mounted on the passenger side vertically, and the rotopax was mounted off of the hi lift mount it looked like further out. So if you looked at the jeep from the side you would see the rotopax with the hi lift behind it.
Honestly, it looked really good and seemed well thought out. It would be cool if somehow they made an attachment that replaced the two metal spacers on the driver side that go under the tire mount. That way you could possibly run rotopax on the drivers side also. I was just brainstorming about how to make it more functional.
Hope that makes sense. I might be back down to Teraflex soon and I could shoot a pic or two.
Sounds like a good set up, thanks for the description!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scemracing
You know that it comes with a 3rd brake light mount and license plate bracket?

Here is my license plate light I made using some stuff I had laying around.

Can we get a few more pictures not so close? How did you get the LED's there?
Old 09-09-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will take a pic of my setup too.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the process of purchasing a carrier. I almost pulled the triger ont he Or Fab the other day. Great carrier but wanted to re think the extra drilling. Then I see this. I have been hearing good things so far and think I will order one this week.

Question:
Do you have to buy the tire carrier along with the hinge system? 315/75/R16 BFG KM2
I saw last week when searching this that it was a seperate item and some folks said it should be replaced due to the factory carrier being a bit flimsy. I think it was an additional 200 bucks.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running 37's so I needed the additional piece. It is a very nice heavy duty mount, so it gives me extra piece of mind regardless of tire size. Not to mention its adjustable in and out so you can make sure you get the tire nice and snug. And no you don't have to buy both pieces.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TCJK11

Can we get a few more pictures not so close? How did you get the LED's there?
I don't know what kind of pic you are looking for that's it. it is a 3-4" piece of aluminum channel with a strip of LED's siliconed in it and doubleside taped to the license plate holder. I added a wire and a weather pack connector so I can take it off. It is tapped into the stock license plate light wires.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is what I'm running for my third brake light. It's the ORO LED license plate/3rd brake light. Here is a link on northridge. http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/of...e-light-w-plug
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2489685544.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	364233  

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Tech: HD Hinged Carrier and Adjustable Spare Tire Mount