Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Teraflex SpeedBump Rear Lower Bumpstops #1954600

Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Teraflex SpeedBump Rear Lower Bumpstops #1954600

Let me first apologize for the fact that I'm a total noob when it comes to suspension. So I might be talking out my a$$. Being on a tight budget I cannot afford a lot right now, so it's not something I've done a lot of research on. Luckily for me I have a bunch of good friends at Teraflex who are experts in such stuff.

Joe, Dennis, Jen and all the rest hold monthly meet and greets for us locals. It's a great opportunity to get a lot of technical questions answered and really get to know the great people at Teraflex.

I picked up a small rear bumpstop kit the other day, and after many questions to Joe and a few other members I got it installed.

First pics are of the stock bumpstops...

Retailing for $27 it will fit any budget. It's part number 1954600. The kit comes with the parts you see below...

Here's a comparison of the stock stops and the Teraflex ones. They remind me of cow udders.

There are two pads that bolt onto the axle. The longer side faces forward. Use a 3/16th allen wrench and 1/2 inch wrench to attach them. Next there are black rings that act as a positive stop, at first I was told I would have to remove the wheels and bonk them in place with a mallet, but my father helped me pop them in place with blocks of wood by lifting the frame up, inserting the blocks, lowering the Jeep and with a little persuasion (me jumping on the tow hitch) they were installed nicely. They have a notched side that goes against the frame and they have a slight slope that I was told slopes forward.

Like I said I'm a noob when it comes to suspension, but I couldn't help but notice a more firm, almost stiff (but comfortable) feel when going over bumps. Not sure if it's my new tires or not, or both... but I did notice something.

Thanks Teraflex!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like its "firmer" because you have very little up-travel before the bumpstop pad starts contacting the bump stop. Not ideal, in my opinion, but as long as you're not hitting huge bumps I don't see it as a big problem. At least you're set up for when you lift it...

Just out of curiosity, why was bumpstop length something you were concerned about?
Old 03-18-2012, 07:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not concerned. It was suggested to me by the guys at Teraflex to ease the bumpiness while out and about. Feels nice and will prep me for a small lift if I choose to get one.

Quick Reply: Teraflex SpeedBump Rear Lower Bumpstops #1954600