Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex Rear Tire Carrier - Who else has one? Are you running after mkt bumper too?

Old 10-20-2013, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
One major downfall still, all of my friends feel the need to slam the tailgate shut even with a heavy ass tire/wheel on it. The whole jeep shakes.
Always wondered if I put a sticker on the rear glass saying "don't slam the gate!" Would help remind people that my tail gate is not an anger management tool.

Originally Posted by mattgt5
LOD is coming out with a similar concept in November. Better and cheaper they say.
Any more info about this LOD tire carrier? I was pretty set on theraflex but perhaps I'll wait and see what comes about this November.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SKTN Rubi
Any more info about this LOD tire carrier? I was pretty set on theraflex but perhaps I'll wait and see what comes about this November.
Interesting. Last I knew TF was sending out cease and desist notices to anyone incorporating the factory hinge into a tire carrier setup. Oh and if you make those stickers, ill take one
Old 10-20-2013, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

This time around I decided I wanted a carrier that opened easily with the gate without having to remove any pins/clips. I'm fairly happy with the Tereflex carrier, but it doesn't seem nearly as solid in the closed position as my Genright was(Worth the trade off for ease of access to the back.)
Works well with the Poison Spyder BFH Rear.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
I'm looking at possibly getting this. For those of you running it, are there any issues or things you wish it had that it doesn't? Is it high enough or does the tire sit too low for some of your clearance concerns? With all the add-ons (hilift mount, rotopax, etc) do you feel it's sturdy enough? Thanks for any input you can provide.

-Mike
So far so good for me. Like mentioned above, the tailgate closes very solid. No rattle from spare tire while driving. I don't have the rotopax mount. I like the antenna mount though and it wasn't too pricey.

Anyone have an aftermarket bumper paired with theirs? Thanks to those that have the EVO D ring set up posted. Good visual for alternative bumper styles.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
The hinge is solid. The tire mount piece (if you opt for that as well) could be better IMO. The accessory mount that people run... I hated my rotopax mounted to the hi lift so I took it off. I hated the way the hi lift rattled and made my jeep sound like a heap (even with handle isolator and neoprene boot) to I took the jack off and put it back inside. Now I just run the rotopax on the $75 mount, but at least it's quiet again and I don't have to worry about the jack smashing the glass if the gate were to be closer before the glass. One major downfall still, all of my friends feel the need to slam the tailgate shut even with a heavy ass tire/wheel on it. The whole jeep shakes.
I bought an extra handle isolator to help with the hi lift rattles. One towards the top & one near the bottom helps a lot.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's some pics of where I have the isolators.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-822123186.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	507565   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-572360920.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	507566  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by matprovo
What weld are y'all talking about?
The inside weld completely separated. Called TF today, they requested pictures and said they would sent out a new piece. Time will tell if this solution works. otherwise i have $700.00 boat anchor on my tailgate.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ttechris
This time around I decided I wanted a carrier that opened easily with the gate without having to remove any pins/clips. I'm fairly happy with the Tereflex carrier, but it doesn't seem nearly as solid in the closed position as my Genright was(Worth the trade off for ease of access to the back.)
Works well with the Poison Spyder BFH Rear.
I like the PSC rear bumper set up. Very nice.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Have been running teraflex swinger for two years and love it so much easier then swinging a stupid gate, stock bumper but going poison Spyder soon.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rmjr
Here's some pics of where I have the isolators.
So to use your jack you have to remove that whole rotopax setup?

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Rear Tire Carrier - Who else has one? Are you running after mkt bumper too?