Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex Rear Tire Carrier - Who else has one? Are you running after mkt bumper too?

Old 10-19-2013, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I broke the weld on mine too. They replaced it with a reinforced unit. Was better but I sold it since it didn't fit with my LOD bumper.
What weld are y'all talking about?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matprovo
What weld are y'all talking about?
Thread on it here: TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break. They're now gusseted and they've taken care of anyone with a broken one.

Running EVO MFG D ring mounts, chopped the frame rails a bit short though, might get them welded on later. I was originally going to strap the spare down in the back instead of the Teraflex hinge, but couldn't pass on a sale. I spray the hinge pins and bolt holes regularly. Seen multiple people with rusted washers.

Last edited by scooby snacks; 10-31-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine because my tailgate began to rattle & the stock plastic tire carrier broke so I upgraded to teraflex. The hinge is solid & it's the main mod most people don't even notice. I'm also going bumper less with the evo d rings. They can hit my spare or go under my tires if I get in a wreck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1851218745.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	506433   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3839519576.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	506434  
Old 10-20-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

I drank the Kool Aid.. It's solid that's fur shure!

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking at possibly getting this. For those of you running it, are there any issues or things you wish it had that it doesn't? Is it high enough or does the tire sit too low for some of your clearance concerns? With all the add-ons (hilift mount, rotopax, etc) do you feel it's sturdy enough? Thanks for any input you can provide.

-Mike
Old 10-20-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed mine yesterday. Very easy to install and a great setup. My only problem is I still have to run a spacer because I'm running stock wheels.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like a spidertrax spacer back there???
Old 10-20-2013, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
I'm looking at possibly getting this. For those of you running it, are there any issues or things you wish it had that it doesn't? Is it high enough or does the tire sit too low for some of your clearance concerns? With all the add-ons (hilift mount, rotopax, etc) do you feel it's sturdy enough? Thanks for any input you can provide.

-Mike
The hinge is solid. The tire mount piece (if you opt for that as well) could be better IMO. The accessory mount that people run... I hated my rotopax mounted to the hi lift so I took it off. I hated the way the hi lift rattled and made my jeep sound like a heap (even with handle isolator and neoprene boot) to I took the jack off and put it back inside. Now I just run the rotopax on the $75 mount, but at least it's quiet again and I don't have to worry about the jack smashing the glass if the gate were to be closer before the glass.

One major downfall still, all of my friends feel the need to slam the tailgate shut even with a heavy ass tire/wheel on it. The whole jeep shakes.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOD is coming out with a similar concept in November. Better and cheaper they say.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
The hinge is solid. The tire mount piece (if you opt for that as well) could be better IMO. The accessory mount that people run... I hated my rotopax mounted to the hi lift so I took it off. I hated the way the hi lift rattled and made my jeep sound like a heap (even with handle isolator and neoprene boot) to I took the jack off and put it back inside. Now I just run the rotopax on the $75 mount, but at least it's quiet again and I don't have to worry about the jack smashing the glass if the gate were to be closer before the glass. One major downfall still, all of my friends feel the need to slam the tailgate shut even with a heavy ass tire/wheel on it. The whole jeep shakes.
Thanks, this is exactly the kind of input I was hoping to get. Anyone else have problems with the accessory add-on mounts?

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Rear Tire Carrier - Who else has one? Are you running after mkt bumper too?