Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Teraflex LA upgrade kit, EVO coilovers, and 37's on my Unlimited Rubi

Old 11-16-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pkess3
Ctimrun: What stubby winch bumper is that? Does it retain the factory fogs? It looks very nice and your whole rig looks like the ultimate 4dr JK buildout. VERY NICE!!

Pretty sure it's a Hanson Offroad bumper.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
I also want to comment on the Teraflex front track bar bracket/high steer kit. This is included in the 6" long arm kit, but can be bought separate by anyone needing this solution.
I wasn't aware that the high steer kit came with the Teraflex Long Arm Elite kit.

I thought it was a separate item.

Can anyone clear this up for me,, I am about to order the same kit and don't want to purchase a second high steer kit unnecessarily.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is one heck of a jeep. That thing is nice!! damn
Old 11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you pick it up yet, Timbo?
Old 11-19-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Just got back from picking the Jeep up from Off Road Evolution. It now has Mel's 14" coilover setup front and rear, as well as Mel's rock sliders. I still need longer sway bar links in front as we ran out of time (I had to get going) and didn't switch them out prior to putting it on the ramp. We put it on their ramp (30 degree ramp) and Andrew, Off Road Evolution's engineer scored it at 1120. That is with short sway bar links preventing full droop as well as having 35 psi in all four tires. So it should do a little better once new links are installed and the tires are aired down. I will honestly say that this Jeep drives better than my wife's Jeep which has the stock suspension on it. For anyone who has doubts that these coilovers work on the street as well as they do the dirt, set those concerns aside. On surface streets they soak up all the little road imperfections better than the stock suspension does. At freeway speed this Jeep rides unbelievably well and tracks straight as an arrow. And get this, I went out this evening and tried to get the ESP to activate and it wont, even on the freeway cloverleafs where it normally would! This Jeep kicks serious ass thanks to Mel and his guys!

Last edited by Ctimrun; 11-20-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Just got back from picking the Jeep up from Off Road Evolution. It now has Mel's 14" coilover setup front and rear, as well as Mel's rock sliders. I still need longer sway bar links in front as we ran out of time (I had to get going) and didn't switch them out prior to putting it on the ramp. We put it on their ramp (30 degree ramp) and Andrew, Off Road Evolution's engineer scored it at 1120. That is with short sway bar links preventing full droop as well as having 35 psi in all four tires. So it should do a little better once new links are installed and the tires are aired down. I will honestly say that this Jeep drives better than my wife's Jeep which has the stock suspension on it. For anyone who has doubts that these coilovers work on the street as well as they do the dirt, set those concerns aside. On surface streets they soak up all the little road imperfections better than the stock suspension does. At freeway speed this Jeep rides unbelievably well and tracks straight as an arrow. And get this, I went out this evening and tried to get the ESP to activate and it wont, even on the freeway cloverleafs where it normally would! This Jeep kicks seriously ass thanks to Mel and his guys!

I'm sooooo jealous

Seriously...VERY NICE I want this kit! But does it really matter who installs this kit. If I lived in the continental US, I would travel across the country to have Mel and his crew install but I live in Puerto Rico and to send my JK by boat round trip would be insane. I'm better off buying a new jeep in California, have Mel set me up, then ship her to PR. That too is insane Even more cause I actually thought about it Don't get me wrong. My mechs here are good, but in my opinion whom better to install this kit than its creator. This kit is on my wish list.

Hey Mel! Wanna come to PR for a week?They say its like Hawaii, but with out the volcanos.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redrubiconunlimited
I wasn't aware that the high steer kit came with the Teraflex Long Arm Elite kit.

I thought it was a separate item.

Can anyone clear this up for me,, I am about to order the same kit and don't want to purchase a second high steer kit unnecessarily.

The #1600440 kit is available by itself, but it is included in the 6" LA kit. I have it on mine with 4" LA kit.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

This Jeep kicks serious ass thanks to Mel and his guys!
Ctimrun, when my Jeep grows up it wants to be just like yours. Serious, not only the best looking JK on the forum, but it's kitted out damn near exactly how I'm planning mine. Good work.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

My gosh... I love this Jeep. It appears as if it sits higher now with the rear EVOLever setup than it did before. Is that the case? or optical illusion?
Any clue what I would tell someone when ordering coilovers to make sure I get a good spring rate that can set me at about the height pictured in the first setup?
That looks perfect for 37's.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKBenB
My gosh... I love this Jeep. It appears as if it sits higher now with the rear EVOLever setup than it did before. Is that the case? or optical illusion?
Any clue what I would tell someone when ordering coilovers to make sure I get a good spring rate that can set me at about the height pictured in the first setup?
That looks perfect for 37's.

When you place your order you will get the right spring rate and valving for you individual needs.
Tim chose to raise his ride height, with the Evo coil over systems this is a simple adjustment about 15 min

Mel

Quick Reply: Teraflex LA upgrade kit, EVO coilovers, and 37's on my Unlimited Rubi