Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Teraflex LA upgrade kit, EVO coilovers, and 37's on my Unlimited Rubi

Old 10-11-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If only I had the $$ to do the same thing....

Nice ride!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one sweet looking rig!

Ty..
Old 10-12-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Very nice.... Great set up.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

seriously nice looking jeep. and those welds are as good as i;ve seen. makes me think i should give up welding all together!! thanks for the pics...
Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

i keep coming back to this thread and looking over the pics again. how about some more, please?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very cool, too bad I missed it on the ramp since I showed up late though
Old 10-13-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

This is the only other picture I got and it is a bit washed out due to the angle of the sun.....

Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Update: Street driving and lack of ESP activations

Update: Street driving and ESP activations - or the lack of ESP activations

I want to start off by saying I have had a few different lifts on this Jeep prior to the setup I have now. Now that I have had more time driving this setup I can make a fair comparison. All of the lifts drove well, but they each have their own characteristics, mostly which were a harsher ride than the stock suspension provided. We all compare to stock because we all know how the stock Jeeps drive. The ride over bumps in the stock suspended Jeep is pretty good, but IMO there is a sacrifice with the stock suspension. I cannot stand how the front suspension dives when braking hard with the stock suspension.

I was a little bit worried about the coilover setup for a daily driven Jeep. The ride over bumpy roads is very good. With true progressive spring rates it is able to soak up the small bumps effortlessly without sacrificing on the other end. When hitting bumpy sections of road the front end soaks these up, then when the back end hits the same bumps it feels like the same old lifted Jeep ride. Another great thing is even with the soft ride there is no dive when braking hard. There is also less lean when cornering hard which brings me to the lack of ESP activations.

I never had a problem with ESP activations because I always made sure the Jeep was setup well, steering wheel centered, etc. I could however always get the ESP to activate on the freeway cloverleafs no matter how dialed in I thought the suspension was. This was not a big deal to me as I just drove slow around the cloverleafs (IMO the freeway colverleafs are one of the few places we can still have fun driving without getting in trouble with the fuzz, hahaha). So I had to take the new setup out and test it on the cloverleafs.

Keep in mind my mentioned concerns with the coilovers. I was actually shocked at what I found. No matter how fast I hit the various freeway cloverleafs I could not get the ESP to activate. I was driving so fast around the turns that I was drifting from the inside of the turns to the outside, having to slow down so I didn't crash into the guardrails. Not one ESP activation. In fact I wondered if Mel had somehow figured out a way to silence the lame ass thing.

I am a true believer now in the coilovers and will be setting the coin aside to get the rear setup sooner than later. Thanks Mel and Andrew for designing such a kick ass setup! I can't wait to get the rear end done.

EDIT: For those of you who know me - Fuzz = AAA with a gun = California Highway Patrol

Last edited by Ctimrun; 10-13-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

very nice. wish i had the coin to go with the same setup. someday.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
EDIT: For those of you who know me - Fuzz = AAA with a gun = California Highway Patrol
At least they rate higher than the FD...

Quick Reply: Teraflex LA upgrade kit, EVO coilovers, and 37's on my Unlimited Rubi