Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Teraflex HD tire carrier

Old 06-10-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the hinged TF carrier and wondering if I can use the stock tire mount.... anyone have any pics of this? on 35"
Old 06-10-2013, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by genesis121
I just installed the hinged TF carrier and wondering if I can use the stock tire mount.... anyone have any pics of this? on 35"

Attachment 466604

I used the stock carrier with the TF hinge kit. Works like a champ. Also used a Daystar bump stop with one ring cut off. I have 4.53 backspace wheels.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JIMinSVAZ
I went the exact opposite... I am running stock Moab wheels, with 35x12.5x17" tires and am using the Teraflex HD carrier, but still using the stock hinges. This has been working fine, no flex or warping of the gate yet. I do plan on upgrading to the hinge in the future though...
thinking bout going this route... how long have you had this setup? does it rattle any? does it "feel" like you should upgrade to the hinge? why would you upgrade the hinge unless you plan on going larger than 35s? thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Default TF Tire Carrier and adjustable mount

Just put the TF Tire Carrier and Adjustable mount on. 35x12.5xR18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TF tire carrier.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	467700
Old 06-15-2013, 01:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Brightwhite
I will be installing my new TF HD tire carrier this weekend and pulling my swing away carrier off. Long story short, another shitty built product failed...driving 70mph down the hwy and I look out my passenger mirror and to my suprise, there was my 35" Tire hanging out in to the next lane.

Scared the hell out of me, so I bit the bullet and got the carrier and adjustable tire mount for plans to be on 37's sooner than later.

Lets see your TF mount with your after market bumpers and all of the new accessories!
Mine cracked after 4 months... Heard loud clanking noise from the back. lucky i found it before it completely broke off on the freeway. TF sent me a new one but still look the same. They did mention reinforcing mounting plate with welded gussets, but think it's still an idea Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	468089Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	468090
Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

For those that are running the TF with the PSC rear, are you still able to get the tire to fit snug up against the hinge?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone getting a lil shaking with the carrier when hitting bumps? Mine does just a little bit. I think the tire is hitting the tail gate. It's on nice and tight tho.

Quick Reply: Teraflex HD tire carrier