Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex CRD60R anyone?

Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuka
Personally I say don't bother with a rear D60 unless its a full floater. Never understood why people spend so much money on a semi-float 5 lug axle.
could you explain abit
Old 11-28-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scottg07
Full floaters have the weight transferred to the axle housing by two tapered bearings inside a hub similar to a front end disc brake setup. FF use an axle housing that has a spindle found at the end of the axle tubes. FF are used for vehicles that are designed for severe abuse or to carry heavy loads and are stronger than a semi-float because the wheel is bolted to an independent hub that rotates on two divergent tapered roller bearings. A semi-float has the weight transferred through one roller bearing and load is commonly shared by housing and axle that is generally thicker. In a SF setup, the wheel bolts to a flange found at the end of the axle shaft. Both have their advantages when wheeling though.
so the reaseon you would not get it is because the added stress in a SF would not make anysense upgrading to a d60 SF with your 40s?

I have seen 37s run on a d30F and D44R without a prob. i gues it just comes to style of wheeling
Old 11-28-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a semi flat setup, all the weight of the vehicle is applied to the axle shaft. With a full float, all the weight is on the bearings. You can remove the axle shaft if you wanted (say if it broke) and still drive the vehicle (granted it would have to be in FWD if you broke a rear unless you have a spool or the like)

There is no comparison between the two. A full float axle is superior in every single way offroad. If I was going to dump that kind of money into an axle, I would never spend it on an inferior design.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

thats what i heard. the prices are pretty reasonable on them.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex CRD60R anyone?