Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex 60 vs. Currie Rock Jock 60 vs. Dynatrac

Old 07-23-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanclimbs
My thoughts exactly marine... as I said I had Dynatracs on my Tj and changed one u joint in 8 years... I have had a Jk with built stock axles for a year and you don't want to know what I have already spent on these!!!
Question for you. I lived in WI for many years and then moved to CO and started wheeling. Where are you wheeling that you are breaking stuff? I just can't picture any trails around Lake Geneva, or anywhere in WI would be that hard - but like I said, I only started wheeling after I was in CO. Just curious where you do most of your wheeling. Mabye in the western part of the state where this is more rock??
Old 07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by therza
Question for you. I lived in WI for many years and then moved to CO and started wheeling. Where are you wheeling that you are breaking stuff? I just can't picture any trails around Lake Geneva, or anywhere in WI would be that hard - but like I said, I only started wheeling after I was in CO. Just curious where you do most of your wheeling. Mabye in the western part of the state where this is more rock??
I go all over. The badlands, Redbird, Land Between the lakes, Flat NAsty, Pipeline, Dresser, the Cliffs... I always push the limits and if you want tough you can definitely find it here! (Most people just don't)
Old 08-02-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Now just to throw this out their....and by no means am i taking away from Currie and their craftsmanship. But i have been told as of recently by an industry insider and leader in the driveline business that Currie uses sub par gears in their rearends?

The only reason I found this out is because my recent questions about the KOREAN.....made gears i just bought and installed. Yes i did install them and so far they have been good, but being a hardcore Union man and EXTREMELY hardcore about made in america products, quite frankly bothered me.

So i made call after call after call to different driveline guys questioning these gears and apparently in my gear ratio it is the only manufacturer making them.

But as soon as I can afford the 37's and the Dynatrac's it's on.

........So Currie can we have a rebuttal?.........
Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

How do you know that the other companies aren't using components being made in different countries?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
How do you know that the other companies aren't using components being made in different countries?
my understanding is that all gears are made in other countries except for Richmond gear
Old 08-02-2009, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Pretty sure Solid has come on here and stated they only use US made components. Might have been Dynatrac though. One of the D 60 threads has all the manufacturers stating what they use.

EDIT turns out it was this thread. lol

Last edited by dyolfknip; 08-02-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ironworkerlu21
Now just to throw this out their....and by no means am i taking away from Currie and their craftsmanship. But i have been told as of recently by an industry insider and leader in the driveline business that Currie uses sub par gears in their rearends?

The only reason I found this out is because my recent questions about the KOREAN.....made gears i just bought and installed. Yes i did install them and so far they have been good, but being a hardcore Union man and EXTREMELY hardcore about made in america products, quite frankly bothered me.

So i made call after call after call to different driveline guys questioning these gears and apparently in my gear ratio it is the only manufacturer making them.

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
The Rock Jocks that we have packaged for the JK do use our import center section, the balance of the components are made in the USA.

If you are interested in a 100% MADE IN THE USA axle package we can accommodate your needs by using Currie's Rock Jock II.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...4.aspx?id=2757

Mfg: 60-IJCTR
Our Price: $999.95

Description: RockJock® III Ductile Iron Currie high pinion 60 housing center features cover that is relocated to a 60 degree angle to the pinion gear, and equal size large front pinion bearings. Includes bolt on replaceable lower AR400 abrasion resistant steel skid plate, carrier caps, bearing spacer to adapt the larger front pinion bearing to the pinion gear, and pinion seal. Made in the U.S.A.!!! Sold each.

The Rock Jock III (import housing) was developed to satisfy our customers needs for a more economical housing. Both the Domestic and Import are made out of the same material and receive the same quality control procedures.

LOL foot, meet mouth. At least for the RJ II.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ironworkerlu21

I can tell you that we use 2 different gear manufactures, Motive Mid West Gear and Dana Corporation. Both of these manufactures make gears all over the world not just the USA. So to say that "Currie uses sub par gears in their rearends" could not be further from the truth, unless you consider Motive and Dana to be inferior quality parts.

On our JK RJ60 axle assemblies the only part Currie imports is the casting, and if you want a made in the USA casting is also available. The RJII is made in the USA and RJIII is an import version of the RJII.

Last edited by David @ Currie Ent.; 08-02-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Foot in mouth..........No not really.

All I asked for was David to rebuttal on the aformentioned "quotes" by driveline insiders.....insiDERS, plural, as in more then one. And he did, admirably also i might add.

I did not specify exact part numbers but asked for a general sensous, from David, in which I got. Some say the gears from the chinese vendors are, how can i say this.....poopy, . And was told Currie uses these, not in all axles, but some. And that is what I wanted clarification on....from Currie.

And suffice it to say......I got it.....wouldn't you say dyolfknip?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
I can tell you that we use 2 different gear manufactures, Motive Mid West Gear and Dana Corporation. Both of these manufactures make gears all over the world not just the USA. So to say that "Currie uses sub par gears in their rearends" could not be further from the truth, unless you consider Motive and Dana to be inferior quality parts.

On our JK RJ60 axle assemblies the only part Currie imports is the casting, and if you want a made in the USA casting is also available. The RJII is made in the USA and RJIII is an import version of the RJII.

the internet is such a wonderful place, alot of opinionated people who have no clue, I OWN Currie Rock Jock 60's and can tell everyone that the quality of the 60's is amazing, INSIDE and out. Currie isn't in business to sell junk.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 60 vs. Currie Rock Jock 60 vs. Dynatrac