Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TeraFlex 60 vs. Currie Rock Jock 60 vs. Dynatrac

Old 01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine
I would like to thank Dynatrac, Currie, and Teraflex for posting up detailed information about their respective axles. I find this more useful than the 2 weeks of research I have been doing!!

I actually got a quote from Dynatrac for their Pro Rock D60 setup 2 weeks ago for my TJ (No I don't have a JK yet) and because of the 12K price tag I began looking around elsewhere and doing more research. Honestly, I had sticker shock as i only have 10K to spend on axles.

I have a question for the dynatrac guy, Would your D44 housing accept your high steering setup and be strong enough for 37's? The front is obviously more expensive due to the more complex parts, so if I can get the 44/60 combo and be comfortable with 37's then awesome....

One last question here...I see tons of information on build quality, engineering processes, and oiling systems but the one question not touched (and pretty important given the economy) is the price comparison. Would the manufactures like to throw up their prices for each axle for a full up comparison of product-vs-price!

thanks again for this AWESOME thread (its nice to see manufactures posting up for the people that use these products).
Marine,

As a policy when a customer has over 35" tires, Transfer case low-ratio numerically higher than 2.5:1, plans to get rough on the rocks, just likes to show off sometimes, or wants to wheel over anything with impunity, then we recommend the ProRock 60. However, if you are careful and can excercise some self control than a 44F is a fine choice, but you should stay under 38" tires. Please don't forget the self control part.

We have (4), 44F axles that represent the very best of todays D44 technology.

The first is the Trail Series 44F. This axle is based on the New Generation 44 technology found in the Rubicon JK axle family. The best new features are stronger R&P, bigger bearings, larger U-joints in the shafts, improved electric selectable locker, and hi-pinion housing. The Dynatrac Trail Series 44F for the JK includes those features, and has larger axle tubes, choice of gear ratio, and heavy duty suspension brackets. This is a Made-in-USA product!

The second 44F is our new ProRock 44 Axle. This includes the same features as the Trail Series, but is based on our new ProRock 44 Housing with even bigger tubes, our Pat.Pend. ProRock ground clearance, and our new ProRock end-forgings to support bigger tires and vehicle weight. More ground clearance than a D30! This is also a Made-in-USA product, and is highly customizable for many applications and requirements. We see many JK 4-doors that weigh in over 7000 lbs.

A third choice is the Mopar military JK (J8) 44F axle. This has the same features as the above, except the ProRock housing. The tubes are the same outside diameter as the stock JK 44F, but are thicker wall. These also do not accept the electric selectable locker, but can be outfitted with ARB's or Detroit Lockers. This axle also has a much larger brake assembly than the above axles, and a 5 on 5.5 BC wheel pattern. Dynatrac offers this axle with stock JK (dual) wheel pattern and your choice of gear ratio. We can customize it to fit other requirements if you like. Also Made-in-USA!

Your fourth choice is the Mopar JK Rubicon Dana 44 front. This is the least expensive of all. It is complete with or without brakes, 4.10 ratio, electric-selectable locker. It has the new generation 44 features like, Hi-pinion, New Gen R&P, New Gen shafts, etc. And yep you guessed it...Made-in-USA!!

That's a lot to think about. I can't possibly explain all the details and options available on these products in the forum. I invite you to contact our sales guys, and they can answer all your questions, and make sound recommendations based on your Jeep as it is now, what it will be like in the future, and your budget. They will provide you a written quote, and make sure you get the very best product for your Jeep. You can also ask to talk to me if you like.

All axle buyers should be careful when making price comparisons. There are lots of things that differentiate one axle from another, and it is not always easy for you as a buyer to figure them out. Axles are a long term investment for a Jeep owner. Choose wisely. Doing something right the first time always costs much, much less than doing it wrong once, and right the second time. I knew a welder once that had a sign in his shop. His name was Tim, may he rest in peace. I'll never forget that sign, it said "The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a low bid". When I buy materials and parts that will end up in my customers hands, or on my own Jeep, I think about the wisdom of that statement.

Jim
Old 01-23-2009, 04:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim I love your products

Jason at HCP4x4 will be in contact with your company soon for a set of D60 Prorocks

Thanks for a great product
Old 02-17-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

soooo i know this thread is just about dead but...

im really considering D60 axles at least in the front anyway. im thinking solid but not sure. im needing an axle that will last with the least maintainence and the best quality.

so could you say which one you would choose and why?

also state what options you would go for ie kingpin or balljoint.... etc.....
I NEED IT TO LAST

cheers
Old 02-17-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Junkie

If you are looking for the best quality I would probably go with the Dyna Trac. Their warranty of you break it within 12 months they fix it no matter what, no questions asked, unlimited miles pretty much says it all.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

I got experience with Solid, I like the people down there and would put it up to anything.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Junkie

I would go with the DynaTrac. Go with a king pan axle (FAR FAR superior to ball joint) with manual locking hubs, and real bearings. Ball Joint D60's with unit-bearings are a waste of money IMHO. It will cost a bit more, but it will last forever.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Former Member

Here's what I just picked up from Currie. This is my second set of Rock Jocks. The first set was in my YJ for several trouble free years. I also have a set of Pro Rocks 60's in my buggy which was built in '03. They have also been trouble free and have served me well. One of the reasons I bought from Currie is the relationship we built over the years. I explained what I was doing and they offered to let me pick up my bare housings so I could weld on my own link mounts, set caster angle etc. and then they offered to true them up and install the internals. They listened to my needs and offered a solution, great customer service.

There are several posts in this thread from the great manufactures and their equally satisfied customers. It's my opinion that you won't go wrong buying an axle from any of the manufactures in this thread. You would have to try real hard to break any one of these 60's. I think what it boils down to is relationships. Call each one of the manufactures, or your local distributer, and ask questions. Find the company and axle that best fits you. Who would you feel most comfortable calling if you had a question or a problem?

Larry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020406rs.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	19418  
Old 02-17-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
soooo i know this thread is just about dead but...

im really considering D60 axles at least in the front anyway. im thinking solid but not sure. im needing an axle that will last with the least maintainence and the best quality.

so could you say which one you would choose and why?

also state what options you would go for ie kingpin or balljoint.... etc.....
I NEED IT TO LAST

cheers
I have a currie, I went with them because of their excellent reputation and they are local.
that being said. You will be good to go with of these axles. The biggest issue you have is that you are in the UK. I would call them all and find out who has the most experience with international customers.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

I have gone with SOLID D60. bec they are available locally and local warranty is available. For such a big investment I would prefer to be close to the dealer just in case. They are also very SOLID as the name says. I think I will never be able to break them.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can't seem to find any pricing on the front Dynatrac 60. Does anyone know how much it cost for a plug and play version?

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 60 vs. Currie Rock Jock 60 vs. Dynatrac